First Smart Phone

This is a discussion on First Smart Phone within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; I've had my N1 for AT&T for about 2 weeks now, and I'm addicted to the app store. It's my first smart phone (previous phone ...

Thread: First Smart Phone

First Smart Phone

I've had my N1 for AT&T for about 2 weeks now, and I'm addicted to the app store. It's my first smart phone (previous phone Samsung Eternity) and I really wanted a phone to work well with Google Calender. So far so good.
    I'm a little disappointed at how many apps require a data network to operate but it's still good.
    I grew up a Navy Kid following my dad around the world. I went to NC State University in Raleigh, NC. Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering and I work for ALSTOM Power a world wide power plant designer/builder/servicer. Coal is king.

I enjoy Halo, Coke Zero Cherry, Mythbusters, & softball. :nexusx:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio36 View Post
    I'm a little disappointed at how many apps require a data network to operate but it's still good.
    Many "free" apps use ads to enable the app to be "free". These need Internet access to download the ads.

One app in particular "Digital recipe Sidekick" it will read the recipes to you but only if you have a data connection... which I guess it has to upload the text to transfer it to speech, it just seem this should be built in. Rather than using data. (although I do have unlimited data, it just doesn't work at my girlfriend's place because there is no signal)

One app in particular "Digital recipe Sidekick" it will read the recipes to you but only if you have a data connection... which I guess it has to upload the text to transfer it to speech, it just seem this should be built in. Rather than using data. (although I do have unlimited data, it just doesn't work at my girlfriend's place because there is no signal)
    It would take a lot a space on your phone to initially download all of those recipes. So it just downloads the one you want, when you want it. This is the point of a "data connected" smart phone.

Most of the time, when you're using a recipe, you'll probably be at home. So you can use a home Wifi network and not use mobile data.

It would take a lot a space on your phone to initially download all of those recipes. So it just downloads the one you want, when you want it. This is the point of a "data connected" smart phone.

Most of the time, when you're using a recipe, you'll probably be at home. So you can use a home Wifi network and not use mobile data.
    Unfortunately the data connection is not available everywhere.

You could always write the recipe down on a piece of paper for offline use

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post

You could always write the recipe down on a piece of paper for offline use
    I think I have forgotten how!!!

Big time! I had to manually write a note with a pencil the other day, and I was amazed at how total sh*t my handwriting had become! It was embarassing!

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Big time! I had to manually write a note with a pencil the other day, and I was amazed at how total sh*t my handwriting had become! It was embarassing!
    LOL, continuing though a little off topic....

When I have to sign a check, I feel like a handicapped person.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    LOL, continuing though a little off topic....

When I have to sign a check, I feel like a handicapped person.
    Unless you are using the USAA app and depositing checks with your N1.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links