Nexus One Illiterate

This is a discussion on Nexus One Illiterate within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; I am a proud new Nexus One owner.I have just started "playing" with my Nexus One and I immediately hooked it to my laptop and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One Illiterate

Nexus One Illiterate

I am a proud new Nexus One owner.I have just started "playing" with my Nexus One and I immediately hooked it to my laptop and logged into my gmail account. I was expecting something like itunes where my google recognized I had a phone hooked up and was ready to sync. Is this not something Nexus One does. How does Nexus One interface with my laptop? Do i need some other account? Pls help!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Prism11 View Post
    I am a proud new Nexus One owner.I have just started "playing" with my Nexus One and I immediately hooked it to my laptop and logged into my gmail account. I was expecting something like itunes where my google recognized I had a phone hooked up and was ready to sync. Is this not something Nexus One does. How does Nexus One interface with my laptop? Do i need some other account? Pls help!
    You need to "mount" the phone to your computer as a USB drive. Then you can drag and drop files and whatnot from your computer to the SD card in your phone. I use a macbook, so I am not familiar with the exact windows process, but on a mac you plug your phone in, open up the notifications on the phone and touch the USB option and it connects as a drive.

There are apps out there that you can download and/or purchase. "The Missing Sync" is one I have run across, but its $40 to purchase.
    Jason
    Nexus One

If you're talking about syncing email, etc., you can do that directly over the Internet. You don't need a PC.

the phone syncs ota. no sync needed for google apps
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

If you are used to itunes then try double twist to sync your media. Totally free.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism11 View Post
    Out of the box the phone will sync with google contacts and google calendar.

You can also manually drop media files to the SD card, and they will be picked up by the gallery (photo) and music app..

As has been pointed out, there are various helper apps available as well. One of them, Missing Sync will handle media from iTunes (and windows media player if you have a PC) sync, and also does contacts, events, photos, videos, call log, sms log and ringtones.

Brian @ Mark/Space

Welcome Prism11!

Quote Originally Posted by bhall View Post

You can also manually drop media files to the SD card, and they will be picked up by the gallery (photo) and music app..

Missing Sync will handle media from iTunes (and windows media player if you have a PC) sync, and also does contacts, events, photos, videos, call log, sms log and ringtones.

Brian @ Mark/Space
    MacBook Pro, 2g iphone, BB 8820 & Missing Sync user - I'm totally reliant on isync for my MB and iPhone, and then Missing sync for my BB to keep both smartphones linked to my address book and calendar.

Will get getting my N1 tomorrow, thoroughly psyched to this. I know an indirect way is to export from macbook's address book and calendar, then import to google and then to N1. But can I sync directly my apple address book and calendar directly to N1 or do I need a helper like missing sync?

Quote Originally Posted by dtsm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bhall View Post

Missing Sync will handle media from iTunes (and windows media player if you have a PC) sync, and also does contacts, events, photos, videos, call log, sms log and ringtones.

Brian @ Mark/Space
    Will get getting my N1 tomorrow, thoroughly psyched to this. I know an indirect way is to export from macbook's address book and calendar, then import to google and then to N1. But can I sync directly my apple address book and calendar directly to N1 or do I need a helper like missing sync?
    To sync contacts/events directly (ie, not passing the data thru google) you need an app like Missing Sync. If you are already using Missing Sync for your Blackberry, then all your data will already be where it needs to be, and you can get the Android version at the upgrade/discount price.

Another Query

I imported my friends off face book and its pretty neat...it shows the pics and info they have on their facebook page. The problem I've run into is I'm not allowed to edit the contacts, the contacts that have phone numbers on their facebook profile have phone numbers that show up on the Nexus One. The ones that don't and I go in and try to edit and add phone number, i get message telling me cannot edit facebook contacts so i can't add phone numbers. Any ideas how to get around this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links