Ordered Nexus One Today

This is a discussion on Ordered Nexus One Today within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello. I've used an iPhone for a couple of years on AT&T. I had the Droid for less than 30 days late last year as ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ordered Nexus One Today

Ordered Nexus One Today

Hello. I've used an iPhone for a couple of years on AT&T. I had the Droid for less than 30 days late last year as a trial. I gave it back anticipating getting a virtual keyboard only Android phone at some point. Well, as the iPhone 4 came closer, I wanted to see it before making a move. I saw it and made the move.

I almost ended up with an Evo, but did not like Sense. I prefer the larger screen that it has, but greatly prefer stock Android that Nexus One has. Plus I'll be able to update to Froyo sooner, and without Sense!

So I just ordered my Nexus One today and will have it tomorrow. Got the TMobile plan, and will upgrade it to unlimited everything. Its a new number and I'll port mine over once I'm sure the coverage in my area is ok. It should be as the maps show great coverage in my area.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Awesome, laurel! Congratulations! It sounds like you did your homework, and made the right choice for the right reasons...well done :D

Welcome to the forum, and be sure the have fun here. It's a great resource, and a great community as well. Glad you're here!

Me Too

Yep, order mine today also and just got confirmation that it shipped. Been putting this off since January. Finally saved enough quarters.

Thanks for the welcome. I can't wait to get started with setting my new phone up. I've already made a list of must have apps, and stuff the check out. I can't believe how long I've waited to upgrade. So unlike me, and the iPhone 3g is so slow after all this time.

My list of stuff to get or check out so far:
    Astro file manager
    My backup pro
    Handcent
    Tapatalk
    Rings extended
    Seven (I use Live mail and gmail)
    Aldiko
    Lookout

Quote Originally Posted by Dashek View Post
    Yep, order mine today also and just got confirmation that it shipped. Been putting this off since January. Finally saved enough quarters.
    Gratz! I liked how it shipped an hour after I ordered mine, over night too. Sweet.

Everyone who is getting a Nexus One will be very happy. As a new owner myself I have to say that this is one of the best devices that I have ever owned and I have owned quite a few. Its the first time I have ever bought a phone outright without a contract but it was well worth the money. With Froyo coming up it will make the phone even better... especially with the tethering capabilites. Hopefully this phone will last me for a good while and Google will continue to update it for atleast the next 2+ years with the newest versions of Android. I like stock Android better than Sense myself... especially since I play the emulators on the phone and with the WiiController app (which doesn't work with sense UI)... its like owning all the old 16bit consoles in my pocket. Best Phone... Best O/S.... Nexus One!

You guys will love it! Glad to see the N1 is still a popular choice.

Not that it's old, but cell phone years are like dog years nowadays :D

on an added note... another good file manager besides Astro is Androzip. Its pretty basic but makes moving items around easy... plus it offers its own task killer (not the greatest but never liked them anyways) and a backup app option (although Froyo will hopefully replace this once developers start to take advantage of installing to SD card). Still a good app and its very stable which is the most important thing IMO. Give it a try and see which one you like better.

Congrats again to all you guys/gals

WRT file managers, I have both Astro, and EStrongs...which allows lan connection navigation as well...a nice touch. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by laurel View Post
    Thanks for the welcome. I can't wait to get started with setting my new phone up. I've already made a list of must have apps, and stuff the check out. I can't believe how long I've waited to upgrade. So unlike me, and the iPhone 3g is so slow after all this time.

My list of stuff to get or check out so far:
    Astro file manager
    My backup pro
    Handcent
    Tapatalk
    Rings extended
    Seven (I use Live mail and gmail)
    Aldiko
    Lookout
    And a couple of backup batteries, you'll be needing them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links