New to Enxus One and Android

This is a discussion on New to Enxus One and Android within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello everybody, After being an iPhone user for 3 years, I finally decided to switch to Android and chose N1 to go. I received my ...

Thread: New to Enxus One and Android

Wink New to Enxus One and Android

Hello everybody,
    After being an iPhone user for 3 years, I finally decided to switch to Android and chose N1 to go. I received my device today. I am hearing a lot about rooting. I may consider myself as an almost advanced modder when it comes to iPhones, but I am always novice to Android world.
    Can somebody tell me what you would do if you have a brand new N1 today? Upgrade to 2.2, root it, etc?
    Can you briefly put them main steps that I should take in order to fully utilize this phone? (And some brief description of each please)

Thanks in advance.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sorry I just noticed that I misspelled Nexus in the title

Quote Originally Posted by atamkaan View Post
    Hello everybody,
    After being an iPhone user for 3 years, I finally decided to switch to Android and chose N1 to go. I received my device today. I am hearing a lot about rooting. I may consider myself as an almost advanced modder when it comes to iPhones, but I am always novice to Android world.
    Can somebody tell me what you would do if you have a brand new N1 today? Upgrade to 2.2, root it, etc?
    Can you briefly put them main steps that I should take in order to fully utilize this phone? (And some brief description of each please)

Thanks in advance.

If you want to root, here is a guide --> Video: How to unlock and root a Nexus One – Android and Me

Personally, I would wait until 2.2 officially comes out. But then again, those who have rooted may suggest different. I have not rooted my phone but I do plan on it. The custom rom's are incredible and very versatile.

I was an iPhone user for 2 years. I am very pleased with my switch to the Nexus One. I'm kind of disappointed I never switched to Android sooner! =) :nexusx:

Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    Personally, I would wait until 2.2 officially comes out. But then again, those who have rooted may suggest different. I have not rooted my phone but I do plan on it. The custom rom's are incredible and very versatile.
    Thanks a lot. I see people already running 2.2 . I assume they manually updated their phones to 2.2 and sometime soon the official update will be pushed OTA to the phones. Is this a correct assumption? If yes, I think I will be waiting for the official 2.2 update as well before rooting. This will also give me more time to understand what is happening around the phone and the android community.

Quote Originally Posted by atamkaan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    Thanks a lot. I see people already running 2.2 . I assume they manually updated their phones to 2.2 and sometime soon the official update will be pushed OTA to the phones. Is this a correct assumption? If yes, I think I will be waiting for the official 2.2 update as well before rooting. This will also give me more time to understand what is happening around the phone and the android community.
    That is correct. FroYo should be released OTA anytime now. T-Mobile users were able to snag the download and update manually. However, there have been some known issues with WiFi and apps-to-SD.

They released 2.2 for a select group to test and review, and of course, identify the problems and tweak it for the final release. I suspect 2.2 will be out no later than 2 weeks from now. (Personal Opinion)

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links