New to Nexus One and Anroid

This is a discussion on New to Nexus One and Anroid within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; After using iPhone for 3 years, been using 2G, 3G, 3Gs.:iphone: Now I considered to try out Anroid and starting with Nexus one. It's a ...

Thread: New to Nexus One and Anroid

New to Nexus One and Anroid

After using iPhone for 3 years, been using 2G, 3G, 3Gs.:iphone:

Now I considered to try out Anroid and starting with Nexus one. It's a big step in changing into a new platform smartphone. Got my Nexus one for about 1 week by now. Friends are suggesting me to root my phone, but I am still new into it and donno what the hell is rooting (I guess like jailbreak in iphone?!). Yet, I am still working hard on searching posts around. All I want is to keep my Nexus one in better performance and battery life. Still waiting for 2.2 coming out :D I want FLASH!

I am from Hong Kong. Nice to meet you all :D

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Nice to meet you too, wingod. And glad you finally saw the light about Android.

I've had my N1 for a couple of months now, and I'm in no hurry to root it...IF I ever do. Android is outstanding stock, and I'm not sure I want to take the chances on rooting.

Enjoy.

When I go to this forum with my N1, it links me to Market but seems no search found, is there an app for this forum? where can I get? any apk download?

I thought about rooting my N1 too. But the only REAL reason I want to root my phone is so I can tether it. But as I understand the new update 2.2 will have an option to tether.

From Hong Kong huh? I will be going there next month and can't wait to try out my N1 there. I think all I have to do is buy a sim card there and insert into my phone and I am good to go. I am however, unsure about data sim cards.

anyway, I think it all depends on what you want your phone to be able to do. But right now I think upgrading to the unofficial 2.2 will be your best move since you can do a lot more (flash, tethering, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by wingod View Post
    When I go to this forum with my N1, it links me to Market but seems no search found, is there an app for this forum? where can I get? any apk download?
    I think you mean tapatalk (mobile forum app)? Is it not coming up in the market?

Unhappy

From Hong Kong huh? I will be going there next month and can't wait to try out my N1 there. I think all I have to do is buy a sim card there and insert into my phone and I am good to go. I am however, unsure about data sim cards.

anyway, I think it all depends on what you want your phone to be able to do. But right now I think upgrading to the unofficial 2.2 will be your best move since you can do a lot more (flash, tethering, etc.).
    Using 3G data in hk isnt cheap. You may just use those free wifi at mcdonald or starbulk but only 20 mins use per day.

I am using unofficial 2.2 FRF72 now. It seems draining more battery and the keyboard acc. seems worst. It also made my contact list going crazy orders. I wish official one coming out soon.

I think you mean tapatalk (mobile forum app)? Is it not coming up in the market?
    Oh yes. Thanks. I got it now. Its better then loading the forum with the N1 build-in browser. but i cant reply posts with it as its a free version. And no way to get in Hong Kong market

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links