My new user post, with some questions.

This is a discussion on My new user post, with some questions. within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi, I'm Dan, just got a nexus one used last night. Finally fed up with the iphone going so damn slow all the time. Been ...

Thread: My new user post, with some questions.

My new user post, with some questions.

Hi,
    I'm Dan, just got a nexus one used last night. Finally fed up with the iphone going so damn slow all the time. Been wanting a N1 since I heard about it though. I have a few questions about it though. When I turn it on, and open lock shows up on the bottom. Does this mean its factory unlocked from google? Or does it mean the girl that had it before me rooted it or something like that? I just want to update it to froyo, since thats the update that finally made it worth it for me to get one. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this phone so far. Ridiculously quick! And I like the user interface better, but I'm gonna be really dissapointed if I cant update to froyo. It says i'm up to date under software. Its on 2.1 build erd79. I've tried following the manual update steps, but it never works. When choosing recovery after choosing bootloader, it doesn't go to the right screen( and android unpacking something, or something like that) It goes to a different page. I try using the update with .zip, and choosing the right one, but it says the package couldn't be verified.

SO, after all that, can anyone just explain to me what I have, whether its rooted/unlock, and why? Also, why root them in the first place? And will it ever be possible for me to update to 2.2?

Thanks,
    Dan

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the forum! The unlocked icon means your phone is rooted. Sorry I can't answer your other questions since my phone isn't rooted and I don't know the steps to update froyo on a rooted phone. However, a quick search on Google should give you the right sets in update to froyo. Good luck!
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Hey Dan, what iphoneslayer mention is right. Your N1 is rooted. Not to worry though because rooted or unrooted, you still can update to Froyo.

The latest Froyo build is FRF83. Before this was FRF72 and the first one was FRF50. You can update your N1 to Froyo manually but I STRICTLY recommended you to do some homeworks first before you do it. There are many tutorials here and you have to look for it. Just remember there are 2 types of manual updates. 1 for rooted and 1 more for unrooted. For you, chose the rooted one.

Feeling scared somehow? Not to worry, If you can wait a while, the final build will be given to you via OTA. Peace of mind.

If I am not mistaken, you are still on stock ROM. Just FYI, I think that you're already knew about the advantages of rooted N1. You can also wait for the CyanogenMod to release the Froyo-totting ROM soon.

Anyway, please do some reading first. It'll help you too in the future.

Have fun.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

hello, just got 2 "new" N1's (this morning) , put the battery in and it booted up, i don't recall seeing the lock/ or unlock tab, it just went right to wanting me to log on to my gmail account. is this the correct procedure, right now they are charging so I'm waiting until that's done before i mess with them more.
    they are connected to wi/fi

it says the following in "legal info"

Firmware: 2.1 update 1
    Build #: EPE54B

this is a NON-Sim phone (at&t-Rogers/Bell) Canadian, more than likely will go with rogers.
    thanks

Yup canam. That was like mine the first boot. That gmail account will be the one you register with the N1. It is normal. And you're on stock ROM EPE54B.

Congrats and have fun. Don't forget to read about Froyo.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

10/4 thanks!
    been reading, ...think I'll wait a bit for the OTA.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links