Hi folks

This is a discussion on Hi folks within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; I got my Nexus back in March, my first "smart" phone! Before that I always had simple Sony/Ericsson cellphones. I like the thing very much, ...

Thread: Hi folks

Smile Hi folks

I got my Nexus back in March, my first "smart" phone! Before that I always had simple Sony/Ericsson cellphones.

I like the thing very much, mostly the touch UI. With my old phones I never wrote short messages longer than 2-3 words, now with the full keyboard I can finally write Also GPS navigation helped me a lot, since I am new in town... Facebook on the phone is great too, even more since my new employer is blocking it. Also push mail is nice too.

The only negative points so far:

• I still carry my iPod nano for music. I need a hardware button to switch tracks without unlocking my phone's screen. I guess I would have the same problems with an iPhone...
    • Exchange calendar is not supported (see the issue) with android versions older than froyo. This was a huge disappointment at first. I had to setup gCalSync to get my calendar on my phone... Now with froyo this should be solved, which leads to why I came to this forum

I still haven't received an OTA update for my nexus and I am starting to grow impatient.

As I have read the OTA update has something to do with your carrier. (Why they don't allow an "over the internet" update as you would expect is beyond me...) I live in Switzerland and am using Sunrise.

What do you think, will I ever get the update "over the air", or should I go for another solution?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Glad to have you aboard, vinz.

I've only seen Vodafone 'interfere' with the release of FroYo. The update IS an internet update; however you can get and install the update manually...there are several threads here that tell you how, and provide links to the files you'll need to do it.

Hi Vinz,

Isn't it nice to have an N1? My old phone was a Samsung that I couldn't wait to get rid of because I was stuck in a contract. I had the same reaction too, whenever I texted, I always had to come up with the shortest way possible.

I had some trouble using my phone at first on Bell Mobility here in Canada and I manually updated to Froyo which solved the problem. I found it very easy to do. I think the trick is finding the right update for your carrier...I don't think the one I used would work in Switzerland.

Got froyo

Received the OTA yesterday, yaaaaaay!

Finally Exchange is fully working: Calendar sync, answering events, global address list! :nexusx:

Awesome Vinz! That's a great way to start the week :-)

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links