nexus 1 froze during update yesterday

This is a discussion on nexus 1 froze during update yesterday within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; hi..this is drarthurrd..from NJ-this is 2nd day at forum--and 1st post--so please bear with my lack of know-how and inexperience---i received the sys. update yesterday--i ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: nexus 1 froze during update yesterday

Question nexus 1 froze during update yesterday

hi..this is drarthurrd..from NJ-this is 2nd day at forum--and 1st post--so please bear with my lack of know-how and inexperience---i received the sys. update yesterday--i guess it's the froyo[?]..i's now 8:15am here[NJ] on sat.--during the download/install--the screen froze [i think during reboot] at the 'quad colored x'--now it won't shut-off--when i take out the battery--and re-insert--the phone just starts automatically and stops at that'x'---htc is sending a replacement phone--in the meantime--is there anything i could try to fix???--also they told me i should b/u data--since this won't be saved on the sim--so i can b/u and re-store...again, please pardon my ignorance in this area...but i do not know how to b/u--especially when the phone is not functioning--
    i guess, in the final analysis it reduces itself to 2 questions:
    1] can i try any 'fixes' in the interim-til i get my new phone?
    2] how do i b/u so i can place all my info, pix, messages, etc. back in the new phone when it arrives?
    thank you
    arthur...drarthurrd
    ps: i need to leave, but will be back on site in some hours.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

This did the same thing to me last night too during the reboot it freaked me out. I did the same thing you did by taking the battery out and it kept doing the same thing. I held down the power button and kept pressing the volume button down and it finally stopped and came on for me.

Angry thanx j---

thank you j---i just came home- read your reply - and tried that and no good- nada- nothing would happen--now i took out the battery again---and this time--i held down the power button and the volume button at the same time and now the screen is white and there is a
    BLUE HIGHLIGHTED 'HBOOT' with 3 lines of ORANGE TYPE under it---
    <VOL UP> TO PREVIOUS ITEM
    <VOL DOWN> TO NEXT ITEM
    <POWER> TO SELECT ITEM
    and there is a BLUE HIGHLIGHTED 'FASTBOOT' and under that it says
    RECOVERY [GREEN TYPE]
    CLEAR STORAGE [BLACK TYPE]
    SIMLOCK [BLUE TYPE]
    at the bottom of the screen are 3 GREEN ROBOTS....
    PLEASE ----
    anyone have any suggestionns????
    thanx again j-----

Try choosing 'Recovery'...what are your options after that?

edit: and Welcome! :D

i just went through this with the google IT.

select Recovery, then tell me what the next screen says. i will try and go step by step with yah. but it did wipe my phone clean of everything. had to download all my apps again.

Quote Originally Posted by eZdoesit View Post
    i just went through this with the google IT.

select Recovery, then tell me what the next screen says. i will try and go step by step with yah. but it did wipe my phone clean of everything. had to download all my apps again.
    Yep..I suspect there's a 'last known good configuration' equivalent in there somewhere...

the good thing is, is that all your paid apps are still listed in the download menu of the market. And some of the free apps will be there as well, not all of mine were though...which really sucks.

oh and you will only be able to go to that screen once, so if you dont load them all up in a single "sitting", the tech told me to write them down. in order to DL them later.

thanx so much guys--i'm trying to take this slowly---and as i said i am totally new to this stuff--now how do i even choose 'recovery'?---i tried the trackball--but that didn't move anything---how do i highlite or move to this 'recovery'?
    arthur

move with the volume key and then select with the trackball

sorry--options changed

sorry i had it recharging and when i put the battery back-in---and held down the power and vol. keys--this time my choices are
    Bootloader---in blue...then under that...
    REBOOT
    REBOOT BOOTLOADER
    POWER DOWN
    using the vol key[thank you]
    it seems my selections are those 3 now--
    i don't know why it changed--thought i did the same thing --'power and vol at the same time as i put batt in
    thank you

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links