Hello everyone!

This is a discussion on Hello everyone! within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi guys, My Nexus One arrived about a week ago and I'm loving it. I'm from Canada, and on Rogers. Our cellphone plans are ridiculously ...

Thread: Hello everyone!

Cool Hello everyone!

Hi guys,
    My Nexus One arrived about a week ago and I'm loving it.

I'm from Canada, and on Rogers. Our cellphone plans are ridiculously backwards even compared to the States let alone Europe. So I decided that if I was going to buy myself a phone outright to avoid another contract it would be the best I can get.

The only phones that were actually an upgrade from the phone I'd had for 2 years already were the Blackberries and the iPhones. I refuse to join the iMafia and even a two party stystem doesn't give much choice.So once I found out about the N1 I was really happy. Everything i heard told me Android was the way to go.

The only hurdle I've found so far is that if i send or receive a text with a picture in it, the receiving party cant open the file. Is this a common issue, am i doing this wrong?

Ian

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hi! I'm Canadian too :-D I stayed on with Bell for the N1, but my husband went with Rogers because he bought a Nokia N900 and only Rogers or Wind would carry it. We're quite passionate about the high cost of data plans and envy the all you can eat data buffet of our southern friends :-)

Welcome Ian and Jill!

What kind of data caps are you both facing btw your providers?

Hi Alpha The plan I signed up with on Bell is:

$50.00 /mo.

All smartphones

• 100 local minutes
    • 100 bonus local minutes
    • 500 MB
      • Personal email
      • Instant messaging
      • Internet browsing
      • Tethering8

And then I added on a $15 bundle -

• Message Centre
    • Call Display
    • 500 sent Text Messages
    • Unlimited received Text Messages

Ah well...$65 a month...I'm sure the time it saves me will be worth it. My bus ride to work is an hour each way.

Quote Originally Posted by JillKeats View Post
    Hi Alpha The plan I signed up with on Bell is:

$50.00 /mo.

All smartphones

• 100 local minutes
    • 100 bonus local minutes
    • 500 MB
      • Personal email
      • Instant messaging
      • Internet browsing
      • Tethering8

And then I added on a $15 bundle -

• Message Centre
    • Call Display
    • 500 sent Text Messages
    • Unlimited received Text Messages

Ah well...$65 a month...I'm sure the time it saves me will be worth it. My bus ride to work is an hour each way.
    Hmmm..not TOO bad....Can you live without Message Center and Call Display? Texting uses so little data, you could use a data-only alternative and save the dough, I think...just spend the $15 on excess data when/if you go over?

Yes, we CANADIANS are taking over the forum!!!! And on July 4th no less. :rofl3::rofl3:

That means you are supplying the Mooseheads for tonight!?!

Sure... come on up to Canada eh!

But bring your coat and boots, they're calling for snow tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Sure... come on up to Canada eh!

But bring your coat and boots, they're calling for snow tonight.
    Nope! Got a great band and a HUGE fireworks show tonight, you should come to Pier 39 in EssEff...flops and shorts required, and a hoodie after dusk.

Heheh! A happy fourth of July to our southern neighbours! We were concerned about not being able to buy the N1 if the online store closed down, so I imagine many Canadians are thinking the same thing.

Alphawave, I never thought of doing that...I'll have to see what the first couple of bills are like. I never texted much before because it was so inconvenient on my old Samsung, so I might text like a teenager from now on. I'll definitely keep it in mind - it's hard to estimate what 500MB would be like for me. The only sites that worked well on my Samsung, if at all, were Facebook and Gmail.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links