This is a discussion on Newbie within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by Nobby I was trying to make a new user happy, if you feel that it is you duty to prove that I ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    I was trying to make a new user happy, if you feel that it is you duty to prove that I am lying or misleading then go ahead, idk I know it happened and we get plenty of new and old users asking the same question that shows that there is an aura of uncertainty. And it is easily done, my monthly bill shows me, ans in some detail, data used via wifi both amounts and sites.

You CAN’T Just Use Wifi on the iPhone! It Won’t Let You! | israeltech blog

That page shows that even the newest iPhone needs access to cell data to use wifi, now this could be what I am remembering but months ago or it could be a new instance of being charged for wifi.
    what about an ipod??you cant charge for using wifi with that,i use wifi constantly on my n1 and i never see it on my bill,i'm on orange in the uk

Well I'm on a vodafone business plan so I guess everything must come up, and I have no idea about the iPod I just found that link while trying to prove my point.
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe“s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

Well I'm on a vodafone business plan so I guess everything must come up, and I have no idea about the iPod I just found that link while trying to prove my point.
    slightly off topic,but how are you mate,it was you who helped me through rooting,back on topic lol,i was in turkey there for a fortnight and used wifi for the 2 weeks even used fring for a couple of calls and it never showed on my bill,i wouldnt be here if it did as she would have killed me found this

1. Inclusive WiFi - use of BT Openzone hotspots in the UK only . Fair Usage policy of 750MB applies . Usage above 750MB per month may result in suspension of Wifi services and/or suspension of your account. The 750MB Fair Usage Policy does not apply when using your iPhone on domestic WiFi. Note however that some domestic broadband packages have download limits and customers should be aware that using the iPhone to access the web through domestic WiFi will contribute to domestic data usage.

how can they suspend wifi on your phone????

Have been doing great m8 cheers and how about you?

Not sure how it works on other networks but on my bill it comes up either vodafone or wifi next to the data amount. And am not really sure about any of this now but I am certain about wifi at some point.

And nice find, providers can do some messed up things all found in the small print
    NEXUS ONE

NOTION INK ADAM
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

i'm sound mate,still learning lol,i dont know why they put all that in the small print,well i do really MONEY,i found if your sitting in say wetherspoons and not using your phone for calls take your sim out and use the wifi,without the sim they will never know

Haha very clever, save loads on the bill too, make the wife and the wallet happy lol wish I did that last year in France, had such good signal I decided to take the hit and use the phone over wifi, came home to a bill for £250 lmao last time I do that I tell you.
    NEXUS ONE

NOTION INK ADAM
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

in turkey i used an old nokia for texting and n1 for wifi worked a treat

I should really carry a backup phone but I am so into gadgets I would have to carry another lot of toys for the backup lol listen I got to go, have a big ride home and I prefer it in the dark catch ya later mate and take care.
    NEXUS ONE

NOTION INK ADAM
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

I was trying to make a new user happy, if you feel that it is you duty to prove that I am lying or misleading then go ahead, idk I know it happened and we get plenty of new and old users asking the same question that shows that there is an aura of uncertainty. And it is easily done, my monthly bill shows me, ans in some detail, data used via wifi both amounts and sites.

That page shows that even the newest iPhone needs access to cell data to use wifi, now this could be what I am remembering but months ago or it could be a new instance of being charged for wifi.
    Now I understand your confusion. That blog is talking about TETHERING. That's NOT the same thing as just using Wifi.

Again I say, just using Wifi is NOT tethering. Tethering uses your 3G connection, which will count against your 3G data.

Junior Member bigdaddybatonrouge's Avatar

First of all, I want to THANK YOU Nobby for assisting all of us "New" users/members to the forum. And you are Correct when you explained that customers were being charged for use of thier own routers at home for wifi access. I had a Blackberry 8320 or 8230, or something like that and I Definitely recall being charged for total data transmitted regardless of it's origin. I've been a TMobile customer since 2001, and it was in one of thier data plans.

Nobby, once again, Thanks for the assistance you provide!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links