New Canadian Here...

This is a discussion on New Canadian Here... within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by TannerBanas Hey sorry, Im a fellow Winnipeger , my names Tanner. Im intrested in getting a Nexus One, but am not sure ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Canadian Here...

Quote Originally Posted by TannerBanas View Post
    Hey sorry, Im a fellow Winnipeger , my names Tanner. Im intrested in getting a Nexus One, but am not sure how to go about getting one then putting a plan on it (Im with rogers). I currently have an iPhone(I know, I know ) lol
    You can buy it directly from Google https://www.google.com/phone/choose?hl=en&gl=CA&s7e=

Mine is still on my old Blackberry plan with Rogers, never had a problem. Before the N1 I had the Hero. Just popped my SIM card in both devices and I was good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSolsticeBare View Post
    Hello,

Great resource you have here. Been browsing for a little while now, thought I'd join in on the posting fun.

Name's Chris, from Winnipeg, Canada. Ordered my Nexus One on March 16th, came within 48 hours and I'm loving it.

I subtly try to make sure everyone around me knows I have a Nexus One, lol. When at a restaurant, at work, at school, I always leave my phone on the table/desk and wait for people to ask "Is that an iPhone?" Then I educate them. It's fun.

Hope to chat with you guys and learn more about making the best of out my phone. Thanks in advance to those who will inevitably provide me with useful advice.

-Chris

Isn't that funny?! I do the same thing as you. I make sure everyone see's my N1 everywhere I go! I love it!

If they ask if it is an Iphone I ask them to not insult me again. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Google Nexus One Froyo
    Rooted ~ CM 6RC3~ CM6.0 N1~ Nightlies ~
    Was Using~ eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink
    Was Using~ MicroMod's 2.12 Desire SuperHybrid
    Was Using~ MicroMod's Gingerbread CM7 Custom ROM v1.2 (DT's-Ap2Ext,Bat%,Themed
    Was Using ~ BlackDroid's Nexus One - UD 3.1.0Rom
    Was Using ~ CM 7 Gingerbread Green or Blue ExtremeMod ROM
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Quote Originally Posted by TannerBanas View Post
    Hey sorry, Im a fellow Winnipeger , my names Tanner. Im intrested in getting a Nexus One, but am not sure how to go about getting one then putting a plan on it (Im with rogers). I currently have an iPhone(I know, I know ) lol
    Woah... as if so many Winnipeggers here. We should start a Winnipeg Android Lovers club. Lame, yes, but we Android fanboys need to be heard just as loud as Apple fanboys, lol.

Jokes aside - I wouldn't hesitate getting an N1 and putting it on Rogers. I slipped my Fido SIM into my N1 and everything was up and running in a matter of seconds.

Hey! New member and fellow Canuck here (Ontario).

Waiting to receive my replacement Nexus One cuz the brand new one I got two days ago didn't work right outta the box

The initial wait was torture and now it's even MORE so! Can't wait to ditch my Bold 9700!!!

Welcome Chris... Hope you injoy your nexus one.
    One Nexus To Rule Them All!

Hey, this is kinda on topic... seeing as there are so many Canadians on here, especially with N1s, how come there isn't a WIND Mobile section yet?? After all they are in many major centres now and the original T-Mobile version of Nexus One was practically tailor-made to be on this new network.

Besides, how can you ignore a network that ENCOURAGES tethering your unlimited 3G connection?

*waves at all the fellow Canadians!*

Chris, I am having fun with pulling out the N1 too. Have you ever seen this cartoon? I admit to enjoying the uniqueness of my N1.

What it's like to own an Apple product - The Oatmeal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links