Hi from the (latest) new guy!

This is a discussion on Hi from the (latest) new guy! within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Just purchased my N1 and am waiting for Europe /Asia Pacific phone-powered GPS, not TELCO network data as I am on Vodafone pay-as-you-go. Also, I ...

Thread: Hi from the (latest) new guy!

Hi from the (latest) new guy!

Just purchased my N1 and am waiting for Europe /Asia Pacific phone-powered GPS, not TELCO network data as I am on Vodafone pay-as-you-go.

Also, I am trying to delete the stuff that I don't need, such as Amazon MP3, Facebook, Navigation, Talk, Email, etc.

Holding the icon until it shakes and then dragging it to the Bin has no effect, it's back to where it ever was.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello and thanks for any tips.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by tandc View Post
    Just purchased my N1 and am waiting for Europe /Asia Pacific phone-powered GPS, not TELCO network data as I am on Vodafone pay-as-you-go.

Also, I am trying to delete the stuff that I don't need, such as Amazon MP3, Facebook, Navigation, Talk, Email, etc.

Holding the icon until it shakes and then dragging it to the Bin has no effect, it's back to where it ever was.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello and thanks for any tips.
    Welcome to the forums. Simply long pressing and dragging an application will just take it off of the screen.

To uninstall applications you need to go to Settings>Appliactions>Manage Applications> Select an application> Uninstall.

You can also install Uninstaller from the Market to easily uninstall applications that you may not want.

I don't think you can remove the Amazon App or any other stock apps that came with the phone. Someone who may know should correct me, but I'm not sure that you can. I hope that helped!

Welcome, tandc! You won't be able to delete those built-in apps without rooting your device. You should, however, be able to move them off your home screens using the method you describe. Just be sure to hold it over the Bin until the icon turns red before you release it.

Thanks for the suggestions. None of them worked. My N1 updated to 2.2 today but I tried to delete this stuff before the update, and after.

The icon turns RED but is still there when I release it.

Looks like the stock apps are here to stay taking up real estate that could be used (for me) more productively.

Is 'rooting' the jailbreaking equiv?

Thanks for the suggestions. None of them worked. My N1 updated to 2.2 today but I tried to delete this stuff before the update, and after.

Looks like the stock apps are here to stay taking up real estate that could be used (for me) more productively.

I had no problem moving the Amazon mp3 app off my home screen, though it was done on 2.1...so i don't know on that one.

Yes, rooting is rough equivalent of jailbreaking. It gives you 'superuser' access to the OS, allowing you to do some things that you couldn't otherwise do. There are a number of threads here, both about what rooting is, and about how to do it.

That said, I have not rooted my N1, nor do I plan to at this point. I find the device plenty customizable enough for me with stock 2.2. Others have different opinions on this, however.

Hey how did you manage to get the android 2.2 update if your with Vodafone. Everyone is going crazy atm that Vodafone havent released the update yet as they are so called "testing" it.

Sorry but i must know if you have done something etc? I really want 2.2 lol

I download the Leo Laporte The Tech Guy Labs - Leo Laporte, "The Tech Guy" on the Premiere Radio Networks podcast every week and heard, this week, that the 2.2 release was being pushed.

I logged in to my gmail account, connected my Nexus One and it all happened.

I didn't do anything special. I don't know what to suggest but 2.2 is a great improvement.

Cheers,
    Tony

I download the Leo Laporte The Tech Guy Labs - Leo Laporte, "The Tech Guy" on the Premiere Radio Networks podcast every week and heard, this week, that the 2.2 release was being pushed.

I logged in to my gmail account, connected my Nexus One and it all happened.

I didn't do anything special. I don't know what to suggest but 2.2 is a great improvement.

Cheers,
    Tony
    You are so lucky!!

Thanks for getting back to me I appreciate it ... Hopefully I will be able to enjoy the improvements of 2.2 soon as well.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links