Discontinued N1

This is a discussion on Discontinued N1 within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Couldn't help but notice the N1 got discontinued. Some of these threads are saying that the online store is closing, but in reality, according to ...

Thread: Discontinued N1

Angry Discontinued N1

Couldn't help but notice the N1 got discontinued. Some of these threads are saying that the online store is closing, but in reality, according to Engadget, is that the phone itself is being discontinued. Which blows, and I don't know why that would be. So, if i break my N1, then what? Just curious..

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by illtaktical View Post
    Couldn't help but notice the N1 got discontinued. Some of these threads are saying that the online store is closing, but in reality, according to Engadget, is that the phone itself is being discontinued. Which blows, and I don't know why that would be. So, if i break my N1, then what? Just curious..

Being discontinued and getting repaired are two seperate things. I'm sure you can still get your phone repaired, you just can't buy it anymore after the stock is depleted. I'm sure HTC will still have parts for repairs. Google will probably discontinue hardware support for the phone but not software support. The phone will be updated until it can handle specs for new OS.

People gotta remember phones don't last long in this market anyways. Although it's a short lived super phone, Nexus one set out what it was suppose to do, and that's set newer standards for how phones should be built to run the Android OS.

Enjoy the phone, don't worry about the negativity. My nexus is not going anywhere.
    Androidfied.

T&C
    I think the world expects a roll out each summer like iPhone!

It's a great phone so enjoy it and know people that didn't buy one...there loss!

To Quote a WORST case scenario -

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...771391462.html

The HTC Desire is ALMOST IDENTICAL to N1 in hardware

So it shouldn't be a problem

Keep smiling!

AndroidIsTheTruth hit the nail right on the head. Just remember the N1 is still equal to most if not all phone on the market. So enjoy you N1, Love it, cherish it, keep it close to you at all times and remember it's one of a kind now. LoL
    One Nexus To Rule Them All!

from my understanding i thought that retailers were going to start carrying it also.

and google would only be selling the dev models.

Yeah, don't let pundits and finger pointers get you down. I know Gina Trapani(for example) mentioned she had an N1, then got an Evo for eval, and she lent it to a friend since, in the end, she prefers the N1. For me, it's ergonomically near-perfect. Bigger isn't necessarily better, it's still ranks near the top for speed, and new hardware is *always* coming out, especially in this crazy market. You can't win the latest/greatest race unless you're very rich(or a reviewer and can write it off as an expense). Enjoy it!

DT

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links