Nex1 or iPhone4

This is a discussion on Nex1 or iPhone4 within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; I am curious to know if anyone can help me. I have the Nex1, currently on the OS 2.1. I have a friend who has ...

Thread: Nex1 or iPhone4

Nex1 or iPhone4

I am curious to know if anyone can help me. I have the Nex1, currently on the OS 2.1.
    I have a friend who has the iPhone4.
    Does anyone know which is faster, better processor, camera quality, etc.
    (I will be updating to 2.2 asap)

Thanks, and see y'all soon.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by ewan2010 View Post
    I am curious to know if anyone can help me. I have the Nex1, currently on the OS 2.1.
    I have a friend who has the iPhone4.
    Does anyone know which is faster, better processor, camera quality, etc.
    (I will be updating to 2.2 asap)

Thanks, and see y'all soon.
    Well a lot of side-by-side comparisons show the browser and overall speed is a tad bit faster on the Nexus One. The camera I think is an equal match for both. You really have to take into consideration the amount of stuff you will lose of, if you get an iPhone 4, since Apple restricts a lot of stuff form the user.
    The build quality for both is similar, but if you were to drop the Nexus One and iPhone 4, the glass on the iPhone 4 would shatter instantly. It all comes to personal preference.
    The Nexus One has a beautiful AMOLED screen, while the Retina is nice, but still has bad viewing angles. They can both record 720p, but the Nexus need a perk on it to do so.
    *And don't forget that antenna issue plaguing the iPhone 4, which forces you to use a case.

Perk?

Thanks for your quick answer, but what is the "perk" you mentionedd to enable the Nex1 to record hd?

Thanks for your quick answer, but what is the "perk" you mentionedd to enable the Nex1 to record hd?
    By perk I mean hacking the device with a CyanogenMod, which is called rooting.

Perk

Will doing this affect my warranty? Will it work on the 2.1 and the 2.2? How do I do it?

Will doing this affect my warranty? Will it work on the 2.1 and the 2.2? How do I do it?
    Well it does affect your warranty, but you can just reset it to factory settings and it will be as if you never hacked it.

Perk

Thanks for your help. I'll see what I can do.

You are on Nexus One forums, so the answers you receive will be biased.

With that being said, Get a Nexus One. If you want something the iPhone has, you can definitely get it on the Nexus One. I say that in accordance to HD recording. As Krew said, you can get 720p recording by rooting it and using Cyanogen mod custom ROM.

With the Nexus One, you will most likely receive future Android updates FIRST. You are able to Tether and create WiFi hotspots. You have much...MUCH more customization than that of the iPhone. The iPhone's Multitasking is CRAP, just saying.

The Nexus One's multitasking is top-notch. The camera quality is 5MP ( same as iPhone 4). Whatever customization you want to do with your Nexus One, more than likely can be done. It's freedom is why I chose to get a Nexus One(android) and why I chose to stay. Apple will continue to latch consumers onto their dog-chain and regulate each and every application and aspect of their phone.

Get a Nexus One!

If you're worried about it being ''6 months old', don't. It's 1Ghz Snapdragon Processor and AMOLED screen along side with FroYo makes it a MUST HAVE,regardless of age.

He already said that he has a Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    He already said that he has a Nexus One

I failed to read. Oh well, he can still refer to my post to an extent. FML.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links