iPhone Killer for sure!

This is a discussion on iPhone Killer for sure! within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Bonjour, everybody! I'm sexybeast099! This is my intro, blah-blah-blah. I never know what to write on these things. I guess I could start with why ...

Thread: iPhone Killer for sure!

Post iPhone Killer for sure!

Bonjour, everybody! I'm sexybeast099!

This is my intro, blah-blah-blah. I never know what to write on these things. I guess I could start with why I chose the N1 (Nexus One).

I chose this phone because I didn't like how closed-source iPhone is and the necessity (in most cases) to work with iTunes, which I've had the absolutely terrible experience of having it completely erase the ID3 tags of over 100 of my MP3's. iTunes was one of the last things that made me keep the windows partition on my laptop, which primarily runs Ubuntu, but I digress.

The N1 was chosen because I knew I wanted an android phone and AT&T has crappy options for android phones, which didn't look like it was going to change in the next year or two. I also don't have the option of switching carriers atm, so I just got an unlocked one. Enter the N1. It was chosen because Google made it. Given that bit of information, I knew that it would be optimized to work with Android (as opposed to motorola phones imposing Motoblur WITH Android), and it seemed like it would be supported for longer than any of the phones through individual carriers. Only later did I find out that it's the "Developer Phone," meaning it's the standard for Android apps, OS updates, etc.

Another reason I chose the N1 is because of this gigantic website dedicated to it. I migrated from a BlackJack II (thank GOD I got rid of windows mobile!) which had next to nothing for support forums dedicated to that model. This gives me hope for N1.

Finally, I'm here because I wanted a community to talk about the ins and outs of this model. My brothers, who have been Android users since the OS's inception, both have different models of phone on their individual carriers (one with the HTC Evo on Sprint, the other with the Motorola Droid on Verizon) so the apps they suggest are typically not the best option I have available to MY situation. I look forward to perusing the forums, especially on the subject of apps, and participating in the heated discussions that are sure to ensue. (n_n)

--Sexybeast099

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the forums! You made an excellent choice in the Nexus One. There are many apps that are user favorites and you can find them out over in the application section of the forum:Nexus One Application Discussion - Nexus One Forum - Google Phone Forum

Hope you enjoy your new Nexus One!

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

WELCOME!
    I hope you enjoy your N1 as we have. Lots of info here at this forum also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Google Nexus One Froyo
    Rooted ~ CM 6RC3~ CM6.0 N1~ Nightlies ~
    Was Using~ eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink
    Was Using~ MicroMod's 2.12 Desire SuperHybrid
    Was Using~ MicroMod's Gingerbread CM7 Custom ROM v1.2 (DT's-Ap2Ext,Bat%,Themed
    Was Using ~ BlackDroid's Nexus One - UD 3.1.0Rom
    Was Using ~ CM 7 Gingerbread Green or Blue ExtremeMod ROM
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Welcome aboard, sexybeast. You definitely found the right source for the info you seek. With the market as it is presently, you'll probably have issues finding what you need. Don't hesitate to ask "is there an app that...."! You'll almost certainly get some useful suggestions! This place is awesome about that

Smile Welcome to Freedom!

Welcome to Limitless Possibilities!
    Thank you!

Howdy! You'll love the forums...a very friendly and helpful bunch!

I know it has been a while since my original post, but this has been bothering me for a while. The banner for the NexusOneForum.net Accessories links to "store.nexusoneforums.net" instead of the correct URL of "store.nexusoneforum.net". Is there any way an admin could change that? Apparently it's only fore the top part of the ad including the word "Accessories" in it.

As a fellow web developer, I appreciate being in the loop about bugs so I hope this one is responded to favorably.

I will bring this to the attention of the forum owners...aka "The Big Droids". :D

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links