Lost the Iphone and found the N1

This is a discussion on Lost the Iphone and found the N1 within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi, I'm new to the N1 phone and trying to get familiar with the new apps. One that I miss the most and importantly is ...

Thread: Lost the Iphone and found the N1

Hi, I'm new to the N1 phone and trying to get familiar with the new apps.
    One that I miss the most and importantly is my contacts. I had an app that I got for the Iphone that was much better than the standard used on Iphone. What it had and I'm looking for is a contact management that will sort the contacts by name/first/last/ or by company. Company is important to me, as I need to find all the contacts that work for that company grouped under one name. Can anyone help me out here with that sort of feature?
    Flexman

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hey Flexman, welcome to the forums!

I just SMS'ed my co-worker because I know he has something that does this. He told me the app is AContacts aContacts v1.3.3 Application for Android | Communication. He said contacts can be grouped by "organization" as they call it. Also said to look at the shortcuts feature to add to your homepage for each group because it's easier to work with that way.

Hope it helps!

Go to your Google account and you should be able to accomplish what you are looking for with out third party apps. Once you add or better yet import your contacts via standard methods like v cards,you can select what group to add to and you can even create custom groups.

http://www.google.com/contacts

Remember that what you do in your account sync automatically to your Android devices.

You should try the widgets for contacts from LauncherPro

Click on the QR from your Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by lionsson View Post
    Go to your Google account and you should be able to accomplish what you are looking for with out third party apps. Once you add or better yet import your contacts via standard methods like v cards,you can select what group to add to and you can even create custom groups.

http://www.google.com/contacts

Remember that what you do in your account sync automatically to your Android devices.

I'm looking for the same thing. Although I have "folders" in my gmail contacts (friends, familly, work, etc), I have not found how to see my friends only list in my contacts... So I'm not sure what you say is true.

Looking into 3rd party app...

Thanks to the both of you for your suggestions. I am a little bit of a novice with this technology, and not for sure how to proceed. I have a 3rd party program residing within my Outlook that is a contact management. It groups companies and allows me to make notes/tasks/calendar and a whole lot of stuff. So I'm sort of tied to Outlook for my contacts. I am wary of using the Google contacts because of this (not sure why) but don't want to mess anything up. With my Iphone, that 3rd party app had no problems with performing the company lookup or by name. I'm trying to keep it simple. Maybe I'm making it harder, who knows. I tried to click on the bar code thing and it said my computer had no program to open it. Should I have scanned it with my N1?
    Flexman

Yes. You should have scanned it.

You need to click on the QR within your Nexus one and it will take you to the market on your Nexus.

If you take the time to group your contacts within your Google account it will work across different apps on the market, so if one day you discover a better app no need to re group.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links