contacts backup

This is a discussion on contacts backup within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; help!!!i am trying to backup my n1 conatcs from cell to pc...with the nokia it was simple..here the nexus one transfers photos etc but doesnt ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: contacts backup

contacts backup

help!!!i am trying to backup my n1 conatcs from cell to pc...with the nokia it was simple..here the nexus one transfers photos etc but doesnt backup contacts to pc ..

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You know that all your contacts are backed up in your Gmail account.
    Long on to gmail from you pc and click on contacts and you'll see them there. You can also export your contact from there also.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

If you have gmail, good advice.

If you don't, can't you go to Import/Export off of the main contact screen by swyping menu button and export to sd card then drag to where you need them? That is what it is designed to do.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    If you have gmail, good advice.

If you don't, can't you go to Import/Export off of the main contact screen by swyping menu button and export to sd card then drag to where you need them? That is what it is designed to do.
    thanks...but thats the first thing i tried, it does export to sd card but when i connect the n1 to pc,i cant see the sd card on the pc drive...says 'andriod' 'bluetooth' 'my music' 'dcim' there is even a 'contacts xml file but that only 200kb and i have over 3000 contacts.there is a '003 vcf' file but again just one contact on it.How do i find the sd card??

it may be under dcim
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

nope...under dcim there some photographs that i took from the camera..

Yes, I believe that DCIM stands for Digital Camera IMages

Many digital cameras have a directory called that where your images are found.

i hope the nexus guys are listening...why cant they have a simple nexus suite like the nokia suite???why cant i see the sd card and its contents when i connect to pc??

Beer Goggles,

Yea, I realized that after posting. Was doing three things at once. I have been in that folder for camera stuff.

I exported my contacts to sd, no problem. However, when I found them on sd in the same file format you have only two contacts in, and tapped on it, it restored contacts and everyone else I emailed that was not already in contacts. It also double and tripled up on my pc contacts. I use Gmail. Needless to say, it is worthless, unless user error.

You may have too many contacts or a setting wrong somewhere. Not even sure what setting that would be. You could if you have the means, relflash your gapps. Unless rooted, I don't think you can do that, maybe wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Do you have Gmail, you never said?

If you see Android etc is that not your sd card?

Is phone properly mounted.

If no gmail, there is another way I have not tested.

Install Linda Manager from Market. Open and go to My Phone/system/app. There are two contact apk's there. If you longpress it opens a window with choices like send. I know it is a long away around, but if you need to bu and no other options like gmail it may work. Also, in Linda Manager you can show all content on sd card.

Of course the above is only if you are rooted.

Hope someone has a better answer. Sorry.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links