Please stop tapatalk!

This is a discussion on Please stop tapatalk! within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Well I hope you find a solution. I don't have that issue. This is not my board. Maybe you need set up a poll, or ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: Please stop tapatalk!

  1. #21
    Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Thanked
    10 times
    Well I hope you find a solution. I don't have that issue. This is not my board. Maybe you need set up a poll, or contact the owner. I just can't justify your issue when I go to here attdroid tablet forum and xda with none of these problems.
    Androidfied.

  2. #22
    Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Thanked
    10 times
    And just so you know I'm not trying to gripe with you, I went to the link you posted got the pop up canceled, closed my browser clean the cache went back several times and no pop up again. Maybe you are running a task killer program or something that is wiping your data. I don't nor ever had that issue as mentioned previously.
    Androidfied.

  3. #23
    jah
    jah is offline
    Senior Member jah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    201
    All I know is that for me, tapatalk makes this forum nearly unusable on my mobile. Mostly that's because I'm not usually not logged in on my phone. Also I tend to switch between 4 different browsers on my N1. But anyway, I avoid reading this forum unless I happen to be on my computer. FWIW. And that's because of that damn tapatalk. So no, it's probably not spam. But it's definitely a nuisance.

  4. #24
    Super Moderator sliceburgslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    66
    Thanked
    14 times
    I still don't understand what's so difficult about it. Does one sentence at the end of a post really make it that bad? please clarify
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

    [ROM] CM11 Nightlies

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    [TABLET] Nexus 7

    [ROM] CM11 Nightlies

  5. #25
    Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Thanked
    10 times
    My question to all you people who complain about this pop up

    are any of you using a task killer on your phone or something that cleans data off the browsers?

    Have you tried wiping your cookies completely, history and cache?

    I mean I understand you have a problem with Tapatalk, but what have you done to assure it not an error on your side?

    When I first used to get on this site, my user ID would never be identified and had the worst problem staying logged on this site. I did a cache and cookie wipe and the problem was eliminated instantly.

    As a moderator of this board, I will bring this up with the admin and owners for discussion. But once again as stated before, it is hard to address an issue when it can't be replicated.
    Androidfied.

  6. #26
    jah
    jah is offline
    Senior Member jah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    I still don't understand what's so difficult about it. Does one sentence at the end of a post really make it that bad? please clarify
    I am only giving my opinion, but yes, it does for me. If I'm on my phone, I first have to deal with the annoying popup, and then I keep seeing that damn sentence at the end of each post, and I have to read it just to find out that it's useless. It's only my opinion, but yes, it annoys the crap out of me having to read that same line over and over again just to find something useful on the page.

    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    My question to all you people who complain about this pop up

    are any of you using a task killer on your phone or something that cleans data off the browsers?

    Have you tried wiping your cookies completely, history and cache?

    I mean I understand you have a problem with Tapatalk, but what have you done to assure it not an error on your side?

    When I first used to get on this site, my user ID would never be identified and had the worst problem staying logged on this site. I did a cache and cookie wipe and the problem was eliminated instantly.

    As a moderator of this board, I will bring this up with the admin and owners for discussion. But once again as stated before, it is hard to address an issue when it can't be replicated.
    I just don't understand why the popup has to be there in the first place. I thought we did away with popups years ago, and now they're back again, trying to sell us something. Can't that part just be turned off? I mean, you don't go to a site with RSS feeds and have it tell you that in a popup, do you? And while you can't post via RSS, they're pretty similar. Except RSS isn't making anyone any money.

  7. #27
    Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Thanked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    I still don't understand what's so difficult about it. Does one sentence at the end of a post really make it that bad? please clarify
    I am only giving my opinion, but yes, it does for me. If I'm on my phone, I first have to deal with the annoying popup, and then I keep seeing that damn sentence at the end of each post, and I have to read it just to find out that it's useless. It's only my opinion, but yes, it annoys the crap out of me having to read that same line over and over again just to find something useful on the page.

    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    My question to all you people who complain about this pop up

    are any of you using a task killer on your phone or something that cleans data off the browsers?

    Have you tried wiping your cookies completely, history and cache?

    I mean I understand you have a problem with Tapatalk, but what have you done to assure it not an error on your side?

    When I first used to get on this site, my user ID would never be identified and had the worst problem staying logged on this site. I did a cache and cookie wipe and the problem was eliminated instantly.

    As a moderator of this board, I will bring this up with the admin and owners for discussion. But once again as stated before, it is hard to address an issue when it can't be replicated.
    I just don't understand why the popup has to be there in the first place. I thought we did away with popups years ago, and now they're back again, trying to sell us something. Can't that part just be turned off? I mean, you don't go to a site with RSS feeds and have it tell you that in a popup, do you? And while you can't post via RSS, they're pretty similar. Except RSS isn't making anyone any money.

    You didn't seem to answer my question to finding a resolution. Anyways, I'm standing by this as being a user issue. I have address the issue with the Admins, it's up to them whether they want to address the issue or not.

    As for pop ups, yes they still do exist. When I get a new private message I get a pop up and if I want to read it, it brings up a pop up in my options. It's part of the forum features, as with the pop up for Tapatalk.

    To each their own. I have no issues on my phone whether I'm using Stock Opera, Dolphin HD or SkyFire.

    I hope y'all find a solution for y'all issues. I am here to help for what little is possible, but as mention this is something that needs to be address by the admins and owner of the board.
    Androidfied.

  8. #28
    jah
    jah is offline
    Senior Member jah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    You didn't seem to answer my question to finding a resolution. Anyways, I'm standing by this as being a user issue. I have address the issue with the Admins, it's up to them whether they want to address the issue or not.
    I didn't answer your question directly. To me the only answer is turning off the nag feature. Surely that can be done even if tapatalk is still on. And even if it is a "user" issue, this is a user forum, right?
    As for pop ups, yes they still do exist. When I get a new private message I get a pop up and if I want to read it, it brings up a pop up in my options. It's part of the forum features, as with the pop up for Tapatalk.
    But you only get that popup if you set it up that way. I think the default is for it to be off. And if you're not logged in, you don't get it at all. In this case, though, the default is for being obnoxious.

    Keep in mind, I'm not the OP. I only chimed in because the thread was there and because tapatalk is greatly annoying to me. And again, tapatalk has caused me to only rarely visit this forum unless I'm at my computer. A while back, the mods noted that there was less traffic here than there was at the beginning and less than they'd hoped for. I am sitting here telling you I come here less often and comment less often because I almost never come here unless I'm near an actual computer, and that's because of tapatalk.

  9. #29
    Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Thanked
    10 times
    Okay well, since you didn't bother to answer my question on helping YOU find a resolution to FIXING the problem, then I won't address it with you anymore. I'm trying to address and help you find a solution to stop the pop up and all you want to do is sidetrack and continue to gripe about it.

    I'm done. I'm not gonna let you or the OP continue to rant and not take into consideration someone is attempting to help you resolve the issue of the tapatalk pop up.

    But please, continue to come to the site. :wine:

    I'm not longer addressing the issue or will continue to help if no one on their part is not WILLING to find a solution on their side first.
    Androidfied.

  10. #30
    Senior Member iPhoneSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,386
    I don't understand how you guys keep getting the taptalk popups. I only get it after I had wiped my data when I installed a new rom. After the popup comes and I press cancel/ok/no or whatever, I don't get it anymore unless I wiped my data again. It could be something in your browser settings or, like someone mentioned, a task killer that's clearing your settings causing you to keep getting pop ups.

    I'm using the stock browser BTW.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

block tapatalk

,
block tapatalk popup
,
disable tapatalk signature line
,
hate tapatalk
,
how do i stop tapatalk from opening link
,
how to block tapatalk
,
how to block tapatalk on kindle
,
how to disable tapatalk
,

how to stop tapatalk popup

,

i hate tapatalk

,
kindle block tapatalk app in browser
,

stop tapatalk

,

stop tapatalk popup

,

tapatalk annoying

,
why does tapatalk popup when i open web pages android
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum