Please stop tapatalk!

This is a discussion on Please stop tapatalk! within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; This is supposed to be for site assistance too, hopefully the correct place to post. I haven't found a clear answer to where that ANNOYING ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please stop tapatalk!

Please stop tapatalk!

This is supposed to be for site assistance too, hopefully the correct place to post.
    I haven't found a clear answer to where that ANNOYING pop-up comes from, but afaict it seems to be a "feature" that forum software can optionally add to "entice" potential customers to buy the software.
    Please please please can you turn this spam off? If caused elsewhere, I'd appreciate suggestions....
    and for the record, I've tried it, yes, and even if I could get past the obnoxious spam marketing, I think the application is awful. It's buggy, and frankly pointless since it requires forums to run a plugin.
    Thanks
    DT

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

jah
    Quote Originally Posted by DThor View Post
    This is supposed to be for site assistance too, hopefully the correct place to post.
    I haven't found a clear answer to where that ANNOYING pop-up comes from, but afaict it seems to be a "feature" that forum software can optionally add to "entice" potential customers to buy the software.
    Please please please can you turn this spam off? If caused elsewhere, I'd appreciate suggestions....
    and for the record, I've tried it, yes, and even if I could get past the obnoxious spam marketing, I think the application is awful. It's buggy, and frankly pointless since it requires forums to run a plugin.
    Thanks
    DT
    AGREED. And damn I hate that signature line, too "posted from tapatalk" or whatever, appended to every other post on here. It makes it 10x harder to read through here, especially on my N1

I also find the "posted from tapatalk" very annoying.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    If you always wipe your data, the pop up will always appear. I cancelled once and only once and never see pop up cause my cookies are still intact. Not sure why it would be an issue. And people use Tapatalk, that's what they use for their signature. It's there preference to use the program. I really don't understand how a couple of words can make it "harder" to read through thread.
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by jah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DThor View Post
    Thanks
    DT
    AGREED. And damn I hate that signature line, too "posted from tapatalk" or whatever, appended to every other post on here. It makes it 10x harder to read through here, especially on my N1
    you can go to settings and stop it from happening if you dont like it

It's simple to just turn off or erase the signature. Tapatalk is an excellent app for forums when you're on the go.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

I like Tapatalk. It much convinient than using N1 browser. I also agreed that about the pop-up but it doesn't bother me much.

The signature? Well I like it too and to make it even better, Tapatalk come with a very cool widget. :D

Light-sabred from my NeXuS One using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

Yeah the sig is neither here nor there for me except to remind me it exists and I hate it... I figured the issue is cookie related to but I never wipe data and I'm suspecting it's an expiry thing causing it. I'm using Dolphin If that matters. Honestly, I think the notion of popup spam is so wrong that it immediately puts it into the "not interested " category. This may or may not be a bug on their end, but I don't care! It reflects badly on the forums that use it, too.

DT

P. S. hmm now I'm wondering if it's a monthly cookie expiry thing? September just began...
    surely whether or not you like the application the forum owners must acknowledge every bit of spam (and yes, it's spam) is bad?

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    it's not spam if it's software related that detects mobile phones. I use dolphin hd and do not have these issues you speak of. You can also attempt to change your browsers to desktop mode.
    Androidfied.

The Tapatalk signature is useful even if you don't like it (funny that a one liner bothers you but many people on these forums have HUGE multi-graphic, links +++ etc etc, signatures).

When people are replying from mobile devices, their response are often more terse and abbreviated. Knowing that someone is replying from a mobile device (via the signature, be it tapatalk on in an email signature from, say, gmail) helps you understand why the message may not appear to be a fully developed thesis.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links