a nexus newbi with lots of problems in the UK

This is a discussion on a nexus newbi with lots of problems in the UK within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; the phone was bran new, and yes i did press the save button after creating the new apn i also have tried the apn the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a nexus newbi with lots of problems in the UK

the phone was bran new, and yes i did press the save button after creating the new apn

i also have tried the apn the was on the O2 link, didn't do anything either.

now, is a factory reset the same as flashing the phone?

thanks gain for the help, and time

flashing is installing a new rom/os

when you factory reset you will go back to defaults and all is lost. if you are not rooted get MyBackUpPro from market, paid version and back up all apps and data etc. no need to do google it will resync when you sign in. check off the google backup choices when you sign back in. MyBackUP even has a setting for Home Screens.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Factory reset is under settings, privacy, factory restore.

Its worth a shot. Just follow rugmankcs advice about backing up and you won't lose anything.

thanks again for the advice that has been coming my way tonight!

so over the past 2 days my new phone has seen countless soft resets, two hard resets and not a factory reset :P

and finally i have made some head way!! so after the factory reset, i have gone to try and connect to my network, and the message has finally changed, i still am stuck in 'emergency calls only' land, but now its telling me i can not connect to the network because my sim doesn't allow it, not because its not available to connect at this time.

i will have to wait till flatmates get home so i can try an other sim and see if it was a damn sim problem after all (as in the silly sales lady maybe didn't actually give me a 3G sim...)

i will try and get back to you all, see if the dumb smart phone problem has been soved or not. if it hasn't.. i will keep trying

thanks again for now :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links