a nexus newbi with lots of problems in the UK

This is a discussion on a nexus newbi with lots of problems in the UK within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello all I'm new to the nexus world, and to the android one as well. currently based in the UK (Aberdeen) with a new phone ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a nexus newbi with lots of problems in the UK

Talking a nexus newbi with lots of problems in the UK

Hello all

I'm new to the nexus world, and to the android one as well.

currently based in the UK (Aberdeen) with a new phone from Hong Kong...

love the phone, problem is.. it doesn't work

I'm desperate to get it to work, but as a newbie i really don't know where to even start.

I've already posted a message regarding my issues, so i feel i should not rant about them in my intro message as well :P

i hope everyone is loving their phone, and if anyone is willing to try helping me get this show on the road i would love the help

cheers steph

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

First of all welcome to the forum

second of all I would love to help you (even if I`m a bit of a noob myself) but what do you mean by the phone doesn`t work do you mean it doesn`t turn on, are you refering to the phone as in you can`t make phone calls or some thing else?

Thanks for the welcome

I have a UK O2network 3G sim card in the phone, yet it won't connect to the network, so I'm left being stuck in 'emergency calls only' land

the phone is set to GSM only, and i can't get it out of that mode.

any and all help would be ace, i feel a bit dumb, my smart phone isn't acting smart, plus its making me feel very very dumb

Are you sure itís your phone I think it might be your sim card. Do you have another phone you can try the sim in or have you tried the phone with another sim?

i've tried O2 sims that work in the HTC desire phones, same 'emergency only calls' message appears.

the sim is a new one (got it on Friday), but i currently use it in my old phone, and it works fine, so i feel i have ruled out sim problems... but it was my first tough as well

Under settings, wireless and network settings, mobile networks, there should be an option to enable / disable 3g. Make sure that is selected to 3g.

If that doesn't help, try going to Access Point Names, create new APN, then in name column type ' internet' (without apostrophes), in the APN column type ' internet', in the username column type ' web', in the password column type ' web'. Leave everything else blank. Press menu and save. Then make sure this apn is selected (green check against it). Try the internet and see if that helps. If not you can always select your original apn.

Late Post Floogle covered most of it:

I am not good at this either. But you can try different settings here:

settings/wireless and networks/wifi settings/menu/advanced/regulatory domain

I know they are wifi, but will still need set for you area, not sure which channel to use.

Also, find out your APN settings for your carrier and input them:

settings/wireless and networks/mobile networks/Access Point Names

make sure the othe settings on that page are correct.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Actually for o2 I think your apn settings for 3g might be different than what I posted...check out this thread:

O2 Forum :: View topic - No 3G support for HTC HERO??!!! ignore the fact it says for htc hero. Should work on nexus.

Just a thought, your phone isn't in airplane mode is it, With calls disabled?

in the mobile network settings, the data is enabled, but for some reason i can't manage to un-select the use only 2G option, i clicked on it, and it went Grey but stayed checked. when ever i come back to that screen after having tried to uncheck the only 2G networks box, its always check on again...

also tried your internet APN option too but nothing changed

Quote Originally Posted by edwizz View Post
    in the mobile network settings, the data is enabled, but for some reason i can't manage to un-select the use only 2G option, i clicked on it, and it went Grey but stayed checked. when ever i come back to that screen after having tried to uncheck the only 2G networks box, its always check on again...

also tried your internet APN option too but nothing changed
    Did you create a new apn? After creating it, did you press menu button and save?

Was the phone brand new? You could try a factory reset, to see if it makes a difference whether you can select 3g option.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links