New Android User Here!

This is a discussion on New Android User Here! within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Howdy all you Android fans! I have been a loyal BB user & abuser for about the last 4 years (currently Bold 9700) and I ...

Thread: New Android User Here!

New Android User Here!

Howdy all you Android fans!

I have been a loyal BB user & abuser for about the last 4 years (currently Bold 9700) and I have had my wife on the original 2G iphone until this last week. I decided to make the leap to Android and I went and bought the myTouch 4G on release day. Well after a few days of playing with it I decided to give it to my wife to relieve her of the iphone 2G that is quite old. I have always been infatuated with the Nexus One so I found a refurb unit (stock 2.2.1) on Craigslist and now I'm hooked!

So, I have plenty of questions, first one is the Yahoo Mail situation that I have been researching for days now.

On my wife's phone I can use the workaround since she has a free account.

My situation on my Nexus One is different. I have the Yahoo Mail Plus account because I have been using Outlook as my email client for many years. Now, I want my Yahoo Mail on my Nexus One to work nicely. So far it is tempermental. I get my Yahoo mail, but it constantly notifies me of "new mail" when it is just the same email that i already have but i just haven't opened yet.

I know this is a beaten horse, but I have Yahoo Mail Plus and this isn't as often discussed, can anyone help me out?

I look forward to learning much more! TIA

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the Android side

I'll be surprised if you get any responses about Yahoo Mail Plus. To get the most out of Android you need a Gmail account, and if you've got that, there's not much point having a Yahoo Mail Plus account (paying for what Gmail gives you for free).
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Can you lead me to where I need to go to allow gmail to handle my accounts? I have been reading online that gmail can manage yahoo mail through the gmail service. I can't give up my yahoo mail address and I want it to work like the push gmail service. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ktexas04 View Post
    Can you lead me to where I need to go to allow gmail to handle my accounts? I have been reading online that gmail can manage yahoo mail through the gmail service. I can't give up my yahoo mail address and I want it to work like the push gmail service. Thanks.
    That sounds useful. I have a couple of old yahoo accounts that I haven't quite given up on yet. Probably best to start a new thread about it.
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Why not have your Yahoo mail FWD to your Gmail?
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Why not have your Yahoo mail FWD to your Gmail?
    Yeah, I imagine as a Plus user, you're allowed to do that.

On my Samsung Captivate I had good luck using the Yahoo mail app from the market. (Regular Yahoo not the Plus account).

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links