need expertise

This is a discussion on need expertise within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; i was using windows phone till today.i just got nexus one as a gift ,with no cd for driver to load on pc to sync ...

Thread: need expertise

need expertise

i was using windows phone till today.i just got nexus one as a gift ,with no cd for driver to load on pc to sync and tranfer data or any manual.i am lost as how shall i proceed.
    1. how do sync my phone what i need to install ,
    2.my contacts from sim doed not show up in contact after importing them.
    3.how can install my ring tone,
    54.get application and games,

would much appreciate if you help me,
    thanking you for you time and pataiance.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

First I would like to welcome you to the forum and congratulations on receiving a Nexus One as a gift. That was a mighty nice person to gift you a superphone.

I dont think you need a cd to install anything. What you need to have is a google account to get the ball rolling. In order to access the market you have to have this. This will also help you set up syncing your phone to gmail, facebook, skype, and exchange account etc.

There are a few questions that we will need to know about your phone to better help you out.

1. tap the menu button (looks like 4 lines on top of each other on the face of the phone)
    2. tap settings
    3. scroll down to "About Phone"
    4. Tell us what your android version is, what your build number is.

This will help us determine if the phone you were so graciously given as a gift is rooted or if it is stock. With a rooted phone you can do a lot more than with a stock phone, but more on that later.

You will get all kinds of great help here to better understand your phone and assist with your learning curve.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

i wish to thank you very much for replying.as asked by you i am writing the follwing.
    firmware version.2.1-update1
    build numbe.EPE54B.
    i hope this will guide you to know my phone better,
    thank you for your kind words of hope and thought.
    rmelco

I am going to go on the premise that you have a gmail account. Here is what you do if you want to sync your accounts.

1. Tap menu button as before
    2. Tap settings
    3. Tap accounts & sync
    4. Begin adding accounts that you would like to syn

When I first got my N1 I opened a gmail account and then imported my 2 other email accounts to it. With them all synced through gmail I get notifications for them all in my gmail account. Its quite easy to set up via your computer.

To install your ringtone follow these instructions:

1. Connect your phone to your computer via the USB connecter that came with the phone. Once connected use the pull down the notification bar on your phone (this is located at the top, just touch the notification bar and pull it down) and then click on USB Connected and follow the prompt. If you followed these instructions your phone should now be connected to your computer and you will see an icon on your desktop allowing you to see the contents of your SD card.

2. Create a folder named ringtones (creating a ringtone folder is not necessary but very useful when you want to find it later).

3. Drag and drop your ringtone into your newly created folder.

4. Safely and properly un-attach your sd card from your computer. Your phone has probably gone to sleep so awaken it by using the power button, unlock it, then click on "Turn of USB".

5. Now navigate to the built in music app that you will find in the app drawer. (You get there by tapping the cube looking icon on your homescreen).

6. Click on the music icon. If your ringtone was properly put on the sd card it should show up in your music selection. Navigate to it and play it, then stop it by hitting pause.

7. Tap the menu button (4 lines as that I told you about before) and select "Use as ringtone".

*Note: You can click on your menu button, scroll to sound, click on phone ringtone. A list of preset ringtones should be there. I am uncertain if once you add a ringtone to your sd card if it automatically shows up in this area, but do know if you follow the instructions above that it will.

There may be a quicker way but this or an app that you could download from the market that does all this for you, but I have never used any. This method has always worked for me.

**Oh you might want to download and install a file manager from the market in order to be able to see the contents of your sd card. I use File Manager, its free and works great.

I hope this helps you out. If you have any problems just ask. Myself or others will be able to help you out. And if I gave you any bum info I am certain a more knowledgeable person will be quick to step in and correct me.

DragonGunner

Oh and a few other words of kind advise that I should have mentioned before:

-Take your time to know your phone. There are many neat things that it can do for you if you just give yourself time to know it.

-Read up as much as you can about your phone. This forum is a great place to begin your reading. I would begin with all the sticky threads.

-Ask questions if you are unsure or uncertain about anything. You will find everyone here most useful and very patient.

-You may receive some over the air updates for your phone (or you should according to the info that you gave). Follow the prompts that you get.

-Have fun.

DragonGunner

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links