New to these parts

This is a discussion on New to these parts within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi all new here, I was a few days away from picking up a Samsung Epic and going with Sprint until I heard the news ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to these parts

New to these parts

Hi all new here, I was a few days away from picking up a Samsung Epic and going with Sprint until I heard the news regarding the Nexus S. I've pretty much set my sights on it since I'm doing fumbling with having to jailbreak my iphone every time I update my software. Bike routes/multi point directions on Android is a big selling point for me, along with being off AT&T's network.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the forum you came in on a pretty crazy day so you didn`t get a very fast welcome nor a long one but I would like to welcom you with open arms

^^^^
    What he said. :D

Thanks for the welcomes!

I'm wondering, the Nexus S vs the Epic, is the only real advantage of running the Nexus S is the fact that you don't have to wait for proprietary software from Samsung? Would rooting (from what I've gathered is the Android jailbreak) achieve the same goal?

I like the Epic's keyboard, and also think Sprint may be a carrier than T-mobile (just word of mouth, I have no facts to back this) but I would much rather go with the Nexus S if I can get the latest software faster.

Rooting will achieve the same purpose if you flash the latest stock ROMs on you epic but you will get it faster on the NS without having to root or flash it.

Thanks for the clarification Dude!

Now, should I wait on the dual core phones or just go with a NS?

I'd imagine the first batch of dual core phones will have some issues, as new tech is typically problematic.

Well that is absolutely your choice, me personally I would wait but that is just because the nexus S doesn`t really have anything that makes me want it except just plain being a nexus.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Well that is absolutely your choice, me personally I would wait but that is just because the nexus S doesn`t really have anything that makes me want it except just plain being a nexus.
    Yeah, I may or may not wait. I'm tired of AT&T and my iPhone 3G(not even 3Gs), the thing is insanely slow. If I could get a Nexus One for cheap, I'd probably just pick up one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytron View Post
    Yeah, I may or may not wait. I'm tired of AT&T and my iPhone 3G(not even 3Gs), the thing is insanely slow. If I could get a Nexus One for cheap, I'd probably just pick up one of those.
    Did you try ebay if your lucky you may be able to get one really cheap. I picked one up off ebay last week pretty cheap. Cheaper than what the ones in your local craigslist go for

Quote Originally Posted by Adibee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaytron View Post
    Did you try ebay if your lucky you may be able to get one really cheap. I picked one up off ebay last week pretty cheap. Cheaper than what the ones in your local craigslist go for
    Good idea, I haven't checked. How much did you pick one up for?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links