The new kid

This is a discussion on The new kid within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello, my name is Tre'. I am striving to become an android app developer as i will be attending programing classes in college next semester...... ...

Thread: The new kid

Talking The new kid

Hello, my name is Tre'. I am striving to become an android app developer as i will be attending programing classes in college next semester...... and currently I have a clliq xt. I loved it when i got it, but i quickly realized how weak it is when compared to the nexus one. I've been trying very hard to find a nexus one for a reasonable price and have yet to find one. Now im trying to decide to either get the nexus one or the new nexus s.........any suggestions

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Metro Atlanta
    55 times
    Unless you have ready access to a Nexus One, you may as well go for the Nexus S at this point. It's a slightly mixed bag as to which device is "better", but the Nexus S is readily available now, and the N1 is not.

Welcome to the forum Tre. Good luck with your decision on which device to buy. I am certain either one you choose you will be a happy camper. I own a N1 and find it to be an awesome device. This forum will help you a lot in gaining the knowledge necessary to do well in your programming field.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

Welcome to the Family, as a "fellow Developer to be" i would have to suggest that you make the jump the Nexus S rather than the nexus. My main reason is that the Nexus S is the new kid on the block for Google and the baton has been handed over, the Nexus has done (and will continue to for many years) fantastic in leading the android march through the months and has fended off more and a few devices claiming to be the perfect android platform.

I love my nexus and i am sticking to it but i am getting a Nexus S to develop on, i will be using the Nexus as my phone and the S as my workshop
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    10 times
    No question, Nexus S. Nexus One will start to get phased out of capabilities as newer things will be presented for the GB and higher OS updates that Nexus will not be able to support. But in reality, there's not MUCH of a difference between the two, but the development standpoint as of today right now at this point in time would be to go with the Nexus S as it will supply you with a complete structure of vanilla Gingerbread with all it's full capabilities and future updates.

8 times
    Technical point of view: Nexus S
    Aesthetic point of view: Nexus One

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links