Data Plan Loophole

This is a discussion on Data Plan Loophole within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi you all... Can you help me find a TMOBILE loophole? The wife is out of contract, I'm not She is a basic phone user. ...

Thread: Data Plan Loophole

Data Plan Loophole

Hi you all... Can you help me find a TMOBILE loophole? The wife is out of contract, I'm not She is a basic phone user. I want the NEXUS S and I'm still under contract. I want to use her upgrade to get the NEXUS S. I'm told I need a data plan on her basic phone because I am using her upgrade and a data plan on the NEXUS S that I allready new about. Who knows of a loophole to avoid purchasing a data plan on a phone that will never us it?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

There is no loophole. You need a data plan with these phones.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

I know the Nexus S requires a data plan. I just dont want to put a data plan on a dunb phone.

If under contract, and you assume ANOTHER contract with a hardware upgrade, you will in fact be under contract for BOTH data plans. Call TMO and ask when you'll be free to reduce/eliminate the data portion of the wife's (your current phone, if I understand correctly) unit. If you in fact have two Nexus S phones, I'm afraid you'll need two separate, expensive data plans, for the duration of the contractual commitment. You'll need to review your contract terms carefully, since they do vary: some units only require, for example, a $29.99 or higher CALLING plan, and often, even on some smartphones, the data becomes optional at some particular point during the contract. That is the only out, or 'loophole', you might work out. Good luck!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links