New to the forum/nexus/android

This is a discussion on New to the forum/nexus/android within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey all. I'm a huge Apple user, but held on to a RAZR rather than go to AT&T, and since I'm going Android, I wanted ...

Thread: New to the forum/nexus/android

New to the forum/nexus/android

Hey all.

I'm a huge Apple user, but held on to a RAZR rather than go to AT&T, and since I'm going Android, I wanted to go stock Android, so I went for the Nexus S. Plus it's freakin' gorgeous. Plus I like giving Steve Jobs the virtual finger, he's gotten enough of my money over the years for iMacs, iPods and my iPad.

I'm probably your dad's age, and fairly non-tech. Please be gentle. However, I'm not new to v-bulletin forums, so I'll behave.

Will set up my profile later, but for now, I need to find out why the maps app doesn't work ("Network Failure. This application requires a working data connection.")

Cheers!

TIM
    Venice, CA

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the community, Tim!

Are you able to get on the net? Are SMS and MMS messages working? Are you able to check your email? If so, then you have a working data connection.

Thanks WERA, I got this sorted rather quickly. I was porting over from an existing TMO phone number and it didn't work properly, what had confused me was that I could browse, but nothing else. Quick phone call to Customer Service took care of it.

I've been loving the phone, and truly baffled how I did without it for so long.

I'm trying to get used to Skype, it it's taking a while, but the gingerbread keyboard is pretty awesome, so that's not a big deal. Downloaded Firefox Beta, I think it's better than the stock browser. Got a bunch of other stuff too. One app is not playing nice, occasionally the phone freezes and I can't answer a call...just no response on the touchscreen to unlock. I took off the water animated home screen and so far no problems.

I'm looking at rooting and Cyanogen, but I'm afraid I'd brick the phone and not be able to fix it! Eventually.

Glad you got it sorted then. No need to be in a rush to root...I'm still stock on my N1, too. :D

But I'm rooted and trust me you will love it plus I wouldn't worry about bricking it because other than when flashing a radio these things are like impossible to brick so I wouldn't worry and this forum can guide you through the process and so can I as your personal guide if you want (this applies to you to WERA if you want).

Trust me once you root you will never want to go back

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links