New Member: My N1 Arrives on 5 Jan 2011!

This is a discussion on New Member: My N1 Arrives on 5 Jan 2011! within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello, Everyone: I'm writing the suggested introductory post. I've been going without a cell phone for the last several years, and have quite enjoyed it. ...

Thread: New Member: My N1 Arrives on 5 Jan 2011!

New Member: My N1 Arrives on 5 Jan 2011!

Hello, Everyone:

I'm writing the suggested introductory post. I've been going without a cell phone for the last several years, and have quite enjoyed it. But ever since the N1 came out I've been eyeing it lustfully, and have been waiting for an excuse to buy it, having drunk the Gool-Aid in 1998 when I laid eyes on the first Google Search interface.

I've read about some issues with the touch-screen, the speaker phone, and battery life, but I can't resist any longer--especially since the rep at Videotron assured me that Snapdragon would be updated to Gingerbread, and I therefore wouldn't have to worry about using a 'discontinued' product that would lapse out of support any time soon.

I've already gotten a lot of information from reading the posts here, and look forward to having this resource if and when some troubleshooting is required.

Thanks,

gregory9

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the forum. Lots of great information here and helpful members, and a truly fantastic phone. Out of the box, the N1 is very capable and able to perform 97% of the tasks you want it to do. That last 3% will require root, but that'll turn your experience up to 11! We're all waiting for Gingerbread 2.3, and also the aftermarket 2.3 ROM's and the goodies that'll bring. The issues noted are more prevalent on some earlier N1's, not as much on later units. Enjoy the goodness of your Nexus One. It's a well deserved present to yourself. :nexusx:

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links