Just got my Nexus One!

This is a discussion on Just got my Nexus One! within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by Dude Random21 Fury I believe checkin works all over the world no mater what country you are in. Although aitchkay since you ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just got my Nexus One!

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Fury I believe checkin works all over the world no mater what country you are in. Although aitchkay since you may be rooted if you want you can flash a ROM like cm6.1.1 and that way you will have more features and you will start right off with knowing how to flash ROMs tell me if you want to do that if not there is another way to revert to stock froyo that I can help you with but I would start with either cm6.1.1 or using the checkin.
    Thanks very much Dude random21. I've decided to install cyan's cm6.1.1 and been recommended this site to guide me but it's all a bit overwhelming! Any chance you could walk me through it or explain it really, really slowly? When gingerbread comes out, will it be simple to update to that?

Ya I can explain to you in terms simpler then from xda although if you want to have gingerbread then you can have it right now because the code was released by Google and some developers got it working on the nexus one so you can get that right now if you want. Here is a thread about it http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...bread-v16.html

Do I need to have installed froyo to install gingerbread or is it a cumulative update? How stable is the gingerbread update and how difficult will it be to update if they release a more stable update?

But yes, any advice you can give me would be great :D

I personally haven't flashed gingerbread yet you could go asking around to see how stable it is but AFAIK it's pretty stable. And no you don't need to have froyo to flash this, this is a ROM altogether so it will just replace the one you have now. Although I have one questions before we start getting in to flashing ROMs and everything do you have a superuser app in your app drawer because you might have an unlocked bootloader but no root access but to flash a ROM you need root access.

I don't have anything called superuser in my app screen so no, I don't think so. All I know is that there is an unlocked padlock when I switch on my phone!

From this site, it looks like I'm on part III. I've been told to download ROM manager by Clockwork and install the Recovery flash from there, then root and install the cyan ROM. Is that correct? I feel like I should have got a simpler phone!

Ok well I don't think there is a simpler phone out there yet but to make your life easer here is a guide from this forum (actually it's how I did it) and I don't think there is an easier way to do it then to do like I did. So just check out this guide on how to install the android sdk then once you have that up and running its smooth sailing from there.

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...lp-os-x-5.html

Sorry about the late response I was gone to get something to eat.

Hi, so I managed to install froyo on my phone, using this link link and it went perfectly except that now I don't have the market! Any idea?

Ok one question how did you flash this because AFAIK that isn't an official Google singed zip so you can't flash via stock recovery and if you don't have su (super user) then you can't have a custom recovery? You may or may not have understood what I said but all I need to know is how you flashed this? Then I can help you with the market.

Install Android 2.2 Froyo on Nexus One [For Rooted Users] | Redmond Pie

I used that one above to install the ROM. I then downloaded vendor.apk and marketupdater.apk, neither of which worked. I think I need fr91 update, but I can't find a signed download, when I try to boot the others up it says signature not valid, verification failed.
    I hope this helps

Ok well if you managed to do it with that method you have to be rooted and that you have Amon RA recovery as well I will guess but if you would rather you can go to the market and download super user and ROM manager. From ROM manager you will be able to download a bunch of ROMs like cm and stock frf91 but to use it you will need to change from Amon RA to clockwork mod which can also be done via ROM manager. But just to make sure you have root access I would like you to download (after you download superuser) a simple app that requires root access such as a screen shot app or a nexus one flash app (as in the camera in the back not as in flash player) that way I will be sure you have root access.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links