Just got my Nexus One!

This is a discussion on Just got my Nexus One! within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi guys, I just bought a nexus one off ebay, it's in great condition and a huge upgrade on my old HTC Wildfire! The only ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just got my Nexus One!

Just got my Nexus One!

Hi guys, I just bought a nexus one off ebay, it's in great condition and a huge upgrade on my old HTC Wildfire!

The only problem I have with it is that it's still running 2.1 and I need froyo! The firmware it's running is EPE54B and to my knowledge it's not been rooted. Any idea how to get it to update, either OTA or manually?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    Welcome!, there should be the manual update lost on the forums somewhere.
    Ill take a look round

Ah thanks, is that all I need? Is it because it's a US handset and I'm in the UK? And do you know if I'll have to manually install gingerbread when it comes out as well?

Thanks for your help :D

Having looked into it further, the phone shows a locked padlock when it boots up. Does this mean my phone is rooted?

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    The padlock usually means the bootloader is unlocked, voiding the hardware wanate.
    But the padlock is locked, im not too sure.

Hopefully someone with more rooting expertise can help.

Bootloader must be unlocked in order to root the phone, which means your phone was probably rooted at some point.

Having looked at it, it's an unlocked padlock so it's rooted. Do you know the best thing to do to install froyo? I'm a complete noob at this sort of thing!

I pretty much just want it to update to froyo and gingerbread as painlessly as possible though if there's anything cool I can do with rooting I'd love to know!

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    Just found the update, unfortunately, google has removes the download link
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...all-guide.html

I did recieve 2.2.1 ota on O2 so they definately send out the OTAs in the uk and it is possible.
    On your device go to settings, about phone, system updates and it should search for updates automaticly and prompt you if there is one.

Alternatively, you could open up the dialpad and type in:
    *#*#2432546#*#*
    and call it, im not sure if this will work in the Uk though.

Thanks anyway. Do you know if I just manually install on top of a ROM? I really have no idea what I'm doing!

I've posted in this thread so hopefully I'll work out what to do soon

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...ion-froyo.html

Fury I believe checkin works all over the world no mater what country you are in. Although aitchkay since you may be rooted if you want you can flash a ROM like cm6.1.1 and that way you will have more features and you will start right off with knowing how to flash ROMs tell me if you want to do that if not there is another way to revert to stock froyo that I can help you with but I would start with either cm6.1.1 or using the checkin.

And don't worry flashing a ROM is simple if you do it with ROM manager so don't worry about bricking your phone because that is extremely hard unless you are flashing a radio so I wouldn't worry about it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links