New Nexus S owner, using it only with WiFi and not TMobile's data plan?

This is a discussion on New Nexus S owner, using it only with WiFi and not TMobile's data plan? within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi, I lurked on this site extensively to research Nexus S owners' experience with the device. This is my first smartphone, and am loving it ...

Thread: New Nexus S owner, using it only with WiFi and not TMobile's data plan?

Question New Nexus S owner, using it only with WiFi and not TMobile's data plan?

Hi, I lurked on this site extensively to research Nexus S owners' experience with the device.

This is my first smartphone, and am loving it so far, pure Android feels great.

My current T-Mobile family plan has internet access blocked with only one data plan for one line (the primary account holder), not mine.

When setting up the Nexus S, it signed onto Google's servers somehow and I saw the 3G arrow symbol flashing.

Was I charged for the intial setup connection? If so, how do I make sure the phone only uses my home and work WiFi for data?

Also, I'm using my old SIM card, but there's another SIM card provided in the box? What's that for? Thanks in advance!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

"Also, I'm using my old SIM card, but there's another SIM card provided in the box? What's that for? Thanks in advance!"

That is the activation SIM card if you were to set up a new contract. You don't need it if you already have a contract and a sim card.

Its packed in with the phone.. just dont mind it. I had the same when i replaced my n1.

*Posted from my sweet Nexus One

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links