Skype on Nexus S - possible?

This is a discussion on Skype on Nexus S - possible? within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello everyone thanks for having me on-board your elite forum. This is my first thread so please go easy. I'm in the UK. Have downloaded ...

Thread: Skype on Nexus S - possible?

Skype on Nexus S - possible?

Hello everyone thanks for having me on-board your elite forum. This is my first thread so please go easy.

I'm in the UK. Have downloaded Skype VOIP but cannot sign in to my Skype account. Your help would be much appreciate. Yours cjb

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the forum glad you found your way here and no way I'm going to go easy on you it's out of the question

for you question on skype what happends when you try and sign in it says that you cannot sign in or it just loads endlessly the other thing is are you on 3G or WI-FI because the skype app from the market only works of WI-FI.

Skype for Android

Thanks Dude.
    Help much appreciate.
    I did attempt to download Skype for android and It does work with wi.fi very well. Have not tried 3g but really only interested in wi.fi usage. Thanks for you time !!
    Another question! How do I ensure that I am only using wi fi and no other data option usage? I have a fear that my Nexus S might take-over and drain my bank account. All the best !!

Your very welcome

And the thing is if you are conected to WI-FI your phone will not use 3G so you are safe there to make sure you are conected to WI-FI just make sure there is the WI-FI icon in your status bar and you are connected also if your worried about using up to much data you can also disable background data settings -> accounts and sync then uncheck background data.

Smile Radio on Nexus S without data/streaming charges ?

Dear Dude,

You have expanded my knowledge 10 fold. Thank you !!
    Not wishing to over-stay my welcome but could you elobrate just a little on the following Radio question?

I'm new (about a week) to phone NS but I bought it on the condition that a radio could be down loaded and used without cost: i.e no data or streaming charges. I fully appreciate your wi fi point and that was helpful.
    However, Carphone Warehouse (where I purchased the phone) said it was possible to do so and I have to admit I'm struggling to get to the bottom of this radio, no data/streaming charges. Can you and your excellent expert friends help me to resolve this question. Many thanks.
    cjb dublin 7

Dear Dude,

Bye the way, have downloaded Skype voip for Android Nexus S and it works. THANKS !!

Ok well I'm sorry but there is one thing I'm not sure about your radio question when you say radio do you mean like am/fm radio or do you mean the phones radio as in baseband version :confused:.

Well if it's radio then no you can't have fm radio on the nexus one without using data unless you root your phone. although that is free but it will void you warranty because you need to unlock the bootloader.

To change the radio you also have to root your phone so bacicaly you need to root your phone to play around with radios.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links