Newb Nexus One

This is a discussion on Newb Nexus One within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello all .. my name is David, and I'm long time smart phone user .. came at the very beginings from Palm OS in Treo ...

Thread: Newb Nexus One

Newb Nexus One

Hello all .. my name is David, and I'm long time smart phone user .. came at the very beginings from Palm OS in Treo world .. with my first Treo 600 ( which I still owns ). then Treo 650 and so on several Palm OS generations ..

Then Jump to Nokia and Symbian OS .. ( quite good ) with N97 and others series phones ..

Then make my Move to the Jobs world with the first 2G iPhone .. which die in a 2 feet drop ( nothing really serious .. but it die ) then I give another shot to iPohone .. with 3GS wich die when it was rebooting after some app updates ( jailbroken one ) and I start my car unit that was about so sync with the phone .. and it end in endless recovery mode .. ( I've done everything and still )

When I was in the iPhone wolds I was seen how Android was growing ( long time Gmail and Chrome user also as well as Lunix user currently in Ubuntu but been throught wide range of Linux flavors ) and it raise my curiosity about ..

The fatal iphone failure was just the excuse that I need ..

I made the move and after several weeks of readings all kind of reviews .. I decide on Nexus One .. you can't be wrong with the Google first phone and favorite one uhh ?

Unlucky to me I choose the wrong one that only take edge with my provider .. which sucks .. but that won't happen again ..

So now I'm running Cyanogen Mod 7 and loving the phone .. so there is my story ..

One question .. how I can remove the dash that separate the numbers in the phone app .. ?

cheers,

David

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the forum, David, your reprieve from iPhone hell.

I'm not certain about the dash, but I think it's pre-programmed, and can't be removed.

Welcome to the forum Tapage. I am certain you will find this forum and its members a very useful resource in getting to know your N1 better. Totally sucks you picked up the wrong N1 for your carrier and hope you got it sorted out.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

thanks guys .. well about the wrong N1 .. nothing to do .. unless my provider have plans to include 900mhz for data .. there is nothing to do .. ( or me buying another phone that won't gonna happen any time soon ).

About the dash in the phone app .. damn .. ! sucks coz I hate 'em .. but I would keep my eyes open on that ..

thanks !

You might want to make a post in the "Off Topic Forum" and see if anyone wants to trade. I think I have seen folks in that section post trades for N1's from Tmo > ATT and vice versa. You might get lucky to find someone so you can get an N1 that matches your carrier. Ya never know.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

Thanks Dragonrunner I will do that and see what happen ..

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links