Hi Everyone on N1 forums

This is a discussion on Hi Everyone on N1 forums within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; My name is Tristan, I'm a complete technical halfwit, and have no idea how to do any of the things i've been coming across trying ...

Thread: Hi Everyone on N1 forums

Question Hi Everyone on N1 forums

My name is Tristan,

I'm a complete technical halfwit, and have no idea how to do any of the things i've been coming across trying to get my N1 back to froyo from the incredibly aggravating OTA GB update. I don't know how to flash, i don't know how to root or what half of the terms are, and it's frustrating trying to find a simple step by step how to for going back.

I've contacted HTC, I've e-mailed Google, and spoken with Mobilicity which is my carrier, and they all pretty much pointed the finger at each other and said "it's their responsibility" which pretty much destroyed all of my faith in the reputation these companies supposedly carry for excellence.

If anyone knows of a thread that can show me all I need to do step by step and simply(I'm not stupid but do have a learning disability) I would really appreciate it.

Thanks, and I loook forward to getting to know the forums and my device better.

Cheers!

Tristan

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

To go back to froyo all you need to do is use that passimg method here's how.

Passimg method
    1. download the file from this link [ROM] Passion_Google_WWE_2.16.1700.1_FRG33_MFG_Shipment_ ROM - xda-developers

2. rename that file passimg.zip

3. place that file on the root of your SD card (not in any folders)

4. turn off you phone and reboot into bootloader by holding down the volume down key at the same time as power button.

5. you should wait a second for the SD card to mount then you will be prompted to flash the passimg file accept and wait for the file to flash.

6. after that you should be all good just reboot and reinstall everything.

Unhappy passimg file on xda

the domain is expired. if you or anyone has the file maybe reposting it in the appropriate forum would be helpful. i tried a passimg method before but it didnt do anything, but i dont know if it was the file i used or what as i've seen several with different suffixes attached to the general passion------.zip names.

I'm gonna keep looking for the file but it's frustrating how at every turn it just seems like I cant do this.

Not sure what you are talking about it works fine for me as soon as I click the link on xda the file starts downloading from my browser. So I'm not sure what isn't working right for you what does it tell you when you try and click on it?

Did you create an xda account before attempting to download?
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

nothing i do works

I've managed to dl the file now, renamed it, placed it in the root, loaded bootloader, it reads something like "sd checking loading image passdiag.zip no image loading passdiag.nbh no image or wrong image loading passimg .zip checking passimg.zip aborting."

then i reboot and nothing, so frustrating

Are you on windows cause on windows it will automatically name the file .zip so you would be naming it passimg.zip.zip which would be wrong I have found that this is the cause of 99% of peoples problems with passimg.

I get the same error messages when I try.
    Did you ever get this working??

Install eStrongs file manager on your phone, and use it to check the name of the file. Make sure it isn't called PASSIMG.zip.zip

The file needs to be PASSIMG.zip with the same text case (first part upper case, second part lower case)...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links