Hello!

This is a discussion on Hello! within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi! I just recently bought a Nexus One as my first Android phone. The change came after two earlier 'smart' phones: An iPhone 3G and ...

Thread: Hello!

Smile Hello!

Hi!

I just recently bought a Nexus One as my first Android phone.

The change came after two earlier 'smart' phones: An iPhone 3G and Nokia Brick, I mean, Nuron 5230. The Nuron just flat sucked, it walked a very fine line between smart phone and absolute retard junk quite well.
    The iPhone was nicer, but after getting locked on iOS 4, it got really buggy and was basically one big perpetual crash, besides, I wanted to get into developing, and the sdk isn't exactly friendly for Linux users/Mac n00bs :-/

So here I am two weeks into it with my Nexus! Everything's been amazing so far, I loved the stock Gingerbread, decided to give it a week and then started messing around with root and now love Cyanogenmod 7 that much more! CM7 has been flawless for me, it's like having Gingerbread 2.3.3 with a ton of extras and better battery life

Glad to be here, I can already tell I'm going to be posting a lot of Thanks-es to Danger-Rat and co ^.^

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Ha ha welcome aboard it's always nice to welcome a future developer. And ya chances are you're going to be saying thanks to danger-rat at least once XD

Good to see you made the long trek over to the N1. One of my C0-workers has a Nuron...you described it quite well!

Could you make your first hack project one that allows AT&T&T 3G/4G work on my phone.

Thanks in advance!

:P I may have to, seeing as they've abducted poor old T-mo.

That would be really cool (though it wouldn't be very useful for me here in Canada ) but unfortunately it's not possible only through software it's a hardware issue, not to burst anyones bubble but I'm just making sure you guys know.

Yeah, I found that out the hard with my iPhone 3G :-/ But even with only Edge, it beat the Nuron's browsing speed xP

Never had one of those phones but if an iphone is better than it then I'm staying away XD

xP, exactly. The Nuron would occasionally overheat and shutdown for the day (or week), had absolutely no flash support (well, iPhone didn't quite win there), didn't have apps of any sort, and was locked to a UI centered around Ovi-Suite. . .

The only really good thing about it was the micro-usb cable it came with, which I now use with my N1 ;D

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links