I am a new member and need some help w N1

This is a discussion on I am a new member and need some help w N1 within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; I have joined the forum and I am looking for assistance. I am having numerous problems since the auto update of 2.3.3 on my N1. ...

Thread: I am a new member and need some help w N1

I am a new member and need some help w N1

I have joined the forum and I am looking for assistance. I am having numerous problems since the auto update of 2.3.3 on my N1. I surely hope someone can assist me.
    1. I can't hang up the phone after a conversation. So I either have to use the power button to end the call or even remove the battery and restart.
    2. The cheek protection goes to black as it usually did but now since the 2.3.3 does not come back from black. Usually resulting in battery removal as the only fix.
    3. The passcode entry no longer shows the red or green line. It does open when drawn correctly.
    4. The phone now works like crap. Half of the time it shows 4 white bars or less and the other half of the time bars are green. I never saw that before....

I'd like to wipe the phone and start over with either Froyo or 2.3.3 but I am afraid I will lose all of my "paid for" apps. Is there a backup to keep these? I have Lookout as a backup but I am unsure if it stores my apps as well.

Any suggestions or fix ideas?
    Thanks so much for your time.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well for some of your problems there are work arounds and such but since you don't mind losing data it's not a big deal I would factory reset. As far as paid apps go with android in the market once you pay for an app it is your's for life if you change phone it will be in the market download section ready to download if you factory reset it's going to be there when you come back so your good to go, isn't android great

Now for doing the factory reset go to settings -> privacy -> then factory data reset you will lose all your apps and data (SD card will stay the same) and you can start a new but you will stay on 2.3.3 if that still doesn't fix your problem then I will help you get back to 2.2.

Although one thing is the data thing it will be green when it is in use and will be grey/white when it is connected and waiting that is not an issue it's a feature.

Trust in the dude

Sent via the afterlife

Oh yeah

Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

All fixed up!

Dude Random21 you are a genius! thank you so much. Lost a few apps but nothing paid for or critical. Everything came back. I appreciate your expertise!!!

No problem it's what I'm here for

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links