Greetings

This is a discussion on Greetings within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; New to the form here. I bought a Nexus S a couple months ago. I'm one to use a phone until it is completely unusable, ...

Thread: Greetings

Greetings

New to the form here. I bought a Nexus S a couple months ago. I'm one to use a phone until it is completely unusable, so I will have this one for a while. My last phone was a Windows Mobile 6.1 phone. I loved Windows Mobile back in the day because it gave full control of the file system and registry. I know it was a complete hodgepodge, but I felt like I was in complete control of the phone. Now with Windows Mobile 7, they completely revamped it to something I'm not interested in. Android is the next best choice for me. Unfortunately, phones are now going almost completely buttonless, capacitive touch, and have lack of LEDs. The Nexus S also doesn't allow for memory expansion. The thing I hate most about these new phones is that they are doing away with any sort of directional pad. Sometimes this makes selection of things very cumbersome. Not to mention that capacitive touch doesn't have the best pinpoint accuracy adding to my annoyances. I could have probably chosen something else that has more physical keys, but I eventually settled on the Nexus S since I don't have to go through a third party for OS updates.

Sorry about the rant. Happy to be a part of this community.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

And happy to have you as part of it, as well! I think you'll find that the longer you use the phone, the more you'll get used to the differences, and the less of an issue they'll be for you. I hadn't used a touch keyboard until I got the Nexus One, and now, after trying a few aftermarket 'keyboards' from the Market, I"ve found that I'm nearly as fast as I am on a conventional chicklet style board!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links