Data but not calls

This is a discussion on Data but not calls within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; My daughter and I bought 2 google Nexus S phones on contract in the BVI. Loved them! Then I flew to UK and put my ...

Thread: Data but not calls

Data but not calls

My daughter and I bought 2 google Nexus S phones on contract in the BVI. Loved them! Then I flew to UK and put my payasyougo Orange sim card in it. The data worked fine but I could not make or receive calls. Orange said my phone was faulty and Samsung UK said to send it to them service center. That was the 1st August. When I called they told me the phone had failed some important tests and the job had been upgraded to a higher engineer.
    While this was happening, my daughter arrived in UK and she has the same problem. I called Samsung US and they said it was network settings. We tried a Tmobile sim in hers and it works perfectly. We have found Orange and "3" DO NOT work and O2 and Tmobile do work. Can anyone explain this??
    I like orange because it has been my UK carrier for a number of years but would now choose "3" because of their data package. Yet neither work on her Nexus.
    Certain that my phone is OK, I asked the Service center to return my phone. I am still waiting. 18 days lost usage during my 3 week holiday.

DATA BUT NO TELEPHONE - any ideas?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I know they use different signals for data(3G) and talk (2G) but it should be compatible I would look up the frequencies for your carriers and cross reference them with the frequencies from the nexus S.

At worse if you can't get it to work you could use a VoIP client like Skype or Gizmo5.

Network frequencies

To confuse things further, one of the OK networks had same frequencies as one of the NOT OK networks! Not sure about Skype - still don't have my phone back but really that is not the issue... Thx for the response. Barry

When I was in the UK last year I used my Nexus One on Orange because they wee my carrier in the past. Initially, I had a nightmare of a time during up my phone, until I eventually found an Orange tech rep who gave me the correct APN settings, etc...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links