Where do I start?

This is a discussion on Where do I start? within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; So last time I tried to start I got distracted and got carried away and forgot I was gonna do this.But now I wanna try ...

Thread: Where do I start?

Where do I start?

So last time I tried to start I got distracted and got carried away and forgot I was gonna do this.But now I wanna try this.

I have a Nexus One I bought a year ago.It fails to update itself and it reboots if I try to go video mode at camera.One of my friend suggested it was a rom problem.And I had no idea what a rom was.

I don't know if my phone is rooted but when I go to settings->about phone I think relevant stuff is:

Android Version:2.2
    Baseband Version:32.19.00.16U_4.02.02.14
    Kernel Version:2.6.32.16-TheOfficial
    root@abomb-laptop #1
    Build Number:FRF91

I want to put a fast running rom with long battery life as I am not into using all the phone application stuff.I do however want my N1 to have FM Radio support.I think it comes with a rom.

Also I don't know how to flash or rom a N1.I get the unlocked keypaddle at start so I think my phone is rooted.A link to a few very basic guides would be awesome.

Thanks in advance!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sounds like a trip to Delphi is in order... xD

Take a read of this thread, and then come back and ask questions:
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...ne-oracle.html

Your phone is rooted, and had an unlocked bootloader, so you can pretty much do whatever you wish. The only ROMs with FM radio are Cyanogen and MIUI, both are excellent, so its just a matter of preference...

So my phone is rooted and the step I take is install a Custom Rom?Any links for installing those custom roms?I know my phone has Superuser Permission so I believe it's been rooted'.

And as I told my build number was FRF91.Is this viable for custom roms?I wont brick my phone right?

ROM installations can vary, depending on the actual ROM, but typically you will need the ROM in zip format, plus a Google apps (Gapps) package.

Boot into the custom recovery, do a full wipe (I'll load a zip file made by Tamasek which will do a thorough job), then flash the ROM and Gapps zips (in that order). Most of this is in the link I provided earlier...

You probably wasn't to back up your apps and settings before you do this, and I recommend Titanium Backup for this (its worth passing for the Pro version, but not essential). You can then restore all your apps to your new ROM...

Decide which recovery you wish to use (you probably already have one), decide which ROM you wish to use, and well take it from there...

If you download ROM Manager, it should tel you which recovery you have, but DON'T INSTALL THE ONE IT RECOMMENDS...

Edit:
    Here's the zip that wipes your phone
    http://db.tt/fH1vZNM

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links