New to Android

This is a discussion on New to Android within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi all. Just got a Nexus one and am running it with the TMobile sd card. Had a jailbroken old iPhone prior, so this android ...

Thread: New to Android

New to Android

Hi all. Just got a Nexus one and am running it with the TMobile sd card. Had a jailbroken old iPhone prior, so this android thing is very new to me. I am interested in upgrading my OS. Right now, it is running Android version 2.2.1. I have looked on other forums and it seems that I need to "root" my phone before loading a new OS. I will require step-by-step instructions for this. The instructions I looked at already made it sound like I need to get to the C prompt on my phone, but it may have been my PC (which I know how todo) HELP is appreciated!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I am very busy at work and bad at step by step stuff

But, check out the N1 wiki on XDA

HTC Nexus One - XDA-Developers

It is very comprehensive and you can then ask specific questions here or on XDA

Many rooting methods and I am not up on them

I did it old way and prefer that

Basically you need to install android sdk with adb and fastboot drivers

open a command prompt, type the path to where you have the adb and fastboot files--usually something like android/sdk/tools--just needs to be your exact path

once you get there it may show android/sdk/tools or equivalent path. right after that and before hitting enter type fastboot oem unlock

then fastboot a recovery--prefer amon_ra

then flash a rom with superuser or install superuser

these are just the basic big steps

the wiki cover all this

more reading you do the better as you can get into trouble quick if you don't understand what and why you are doing each step and how to reboot phone if in trouble
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Thanks

Gotta start somewhere, I guess.

updating existing OS to a latest one no need to root. But if you need to install custom rom you need to root. Rooting methods are different form phone, to phone also ROM to ROM. There are few computer based applications that can root your devices with one click. So that you can use "Super one Click Root" or "Unlock Root" they are fee and support Nexus One. Specially unlock root clearly mention that it can do it.

[APP]SuperOneClick v2.3.3 - Motorola Exploit Added! - xda-developers
    Unlock Root of Android

Super one click root how to guide:- One Click Root Any Android Phone With One Step.

Unlock Root how to guide:- How To Easily Root Any Android Phone, Tablet One Click [ Fast, Easiest, Secure ].

Hope these inflammations will be useful.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links