Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

This is a discussion on Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread. within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; HI - I'm just 7 days in with my Nexus One from Vodafone (UK), i've got just the weekend to decide if I want to ...

Page 38 of 69 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

HI - I'm just 7 days in with my Nexus One from Vodafone (UK), i've got just the weekend to decide if I want to keep the phone...Help!!

Previously been using Nokia E71, and have had many smartphones and PDA's going right back to Psion Siena and 5MX days.

Im a business user, so any smartphone for me MUST work well as a phone first (call quality, signal strength, etc), then sync my Contacts and Apointments with my PC etc. But I don't need to use any form of corporate email arrangement. All other Apps are nice but not essential for me...however, I do love the high speed net browsing on the N1, very impressed after my Nokia E71.

Disappointed that the N1 doesnt sync with Outlook yet and I dont fancy uploading all my 1400 contact details to Google for anyone in their organisation to trawl through...or am I just beeing paranoid? Google One is the next "Big Brother" 666 watching?

Will Froyo be stable and bug free...any thoughts?

"Should I stay or should I go" ...with the N1? Should I change it for a HTC Desire, or Nokia E72?

Feedback would be appreciated?

David

Hi, My name is Yuriy and i just bought my second nexus one and its great! Have question. my system is running on froyo and its great have tethering and wifi but was wondering if i rooted the device what are the benifits of rooting? The guy i bought it off of told me that when he had a rooted device it over heated and didnt work as clean?? is that true? or is that just some bs? Also like iphone has cydia does android have anything like that? Thanks.

It's still running clean for me. And faster than stock with CyanogenMod 5.x

With root you can take screenshots and use other apps which require root access
    like setCPU or Trackball Alert (to use every single color for the trackball notifications)
    Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

Hi my name is Winston, 2 1/2 years ago I said I would not get a phone.
    Then 2 years ago I bought a HI-phone (Chinese knock off ). I can't believe I thought that was cool. I kept that piece of junk for a year.
    Since then I've bought a total of 8 phones for me and the wife, Yes I said 8.
    I have a Nexus One now and It's Awesome, But I think I really need some FROYO.
    I can't wait anymore ( Hey Google. I NEED THE FROYO ) and then after I get FROYO they'll release a better phone. And I'll buy it. Then I'll wait for the Gingerbread update.
    Then I'll get mad at Google cause they won't give me The Gingerbread.
    Then they'll release it and then they will release a new Faster X-Mas phone. Just in time for the Holidays.
    The X-mas phone will probably have some kind of dual core processor and I'll buy.
    Then I'll start a new year buying phones, waiting for updates, buying more phones and waiting for more updates.
    If I were smart I would start a Rehab for phone & techno junkies.
    This is crazy, And hey Google I'm tired of waiting for my FROYO, come on hook a brotha up.
    Winston

Hi Every Body,

My name is george and i just switched to N1 after more than 6 years with windows mobile. unfortunately my mobile came with Eclair 2.1 EPE54B, and i am waiting for Froyo update from google as i do not want to loose my warranty.

Regards,

George

Re: Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

I am using N1 for a month now. Rooted in just a week after bought it. I can only say that it is the best smartphone to date. Concerning root, if now you're happy with the speed and power, wait until you root :-). More power, more speed, more battery life, stronger 3G signal, more RAM, much more rooted apps and more. If you search more here you'll find more about it esp Custom ROM.

You'll have to understand that Android is still new but the developement is very fast. Compare what Nexus 1 has got since January with what iPhone had for years. Multitask(biggest deal), Flash(made Steve Job cry), Voice Recognition(try Google Translate) and more. Apps Market is getting bigger. So many developer now involved. It is growing fast. You are backed by Google all the way.

Froyo: The latest one is still not a full version. They will be releasing it soon enough. Even the current Froyo update is great. Imagine the next one.

Of course there some minor problems but there are quick to resolve it. There has to be a problem before the can make it better right?

Concerning about apps, don't worry, like I mentiones earlier, apps is getting bigger in the market. You'll find it eventually.

So new Nexus One users, you made a great choice. Have fun with it.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

Re: Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

@dFarndale

Look up for Touchdown for Android. Outlook a-like apps. New apps.

Cheers.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

Hi guys, I am Kenny and I am so going to buy Nexus One!

Quote Originally Posted by ynnek View Post
    Hi guys, I am Kenny and I am so going to buy Nexus One!
    Welcome Kenny! The odd thing...I'm still giddy about this phone, and I got it the day it was released! Amazing.

hi i'm shaki and i'm having a problem with the songs i just downloaded (via bluetooth) on my nexus 1

Page 38 of 69 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links