Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

This is a discussion on Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread. within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Dear chadikins & Abuli, A Warm Welcome to the N1F! Chadikins - There will be others who will tell you otherwise... but i say - ...

Page 46 of 69 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 687

Thread: Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

  1. #451
    Android Lurker aseems's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    0

    Welcome to Freedom!

    Dear chadikins & Abuli,

    A Warm Welcome to the N1F!

    Chadikins - There will be others who will tell you otherwise... but i say - DON'T Root (unless you're smarter than Google)... but Hey that's just me!

    Quote Originally Posted by chadikins View Post
    Hey everyone. Just got my nexus one this past week and am loving it so far. Big step up from Blackberry curve. Looking forward to all the geeky things I can do with it. Currently contemplating 'to root or not to root'.

    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abuli View Post
    Hello i am abuli. Think i am going to tired you out with bad English and a lot of questions and complains
    Abuli - You will not tire us out... This is a PROMISE from all of us- as long as you ask NEW & intelligent questions...

    Please make use of the "Search" Button on top of the page, to see if someone has already answered your questions...

    Complaints - well... we'll try and solve your issues as best we can

    And don't worry about your English!

    Welcome once again!

  2. #452
    Junior Member jonny6056's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1
    Hey Ladies and Gents.

    My name is Jonny im from Toronto, Canada and Android (Nexus One) changed my life!!!!

  3. #453
    Android Lurker aseems's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    0
    Welcome aboard, Jonny!

    We're Glad you found your way here!

    I'm sure you'll find this to be a very friendly and helpful community, for both noobs to Android and experienced users. Feel free to pitch in with any questions you may have, or any advice you may have for others.

    P.S. - Apologies for the tardiness of our N1F welcome :D

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny6056 View Post
    Hey Ladies and Gents.

    My name is Jonny im from Toronto, Canada and Android (Nexus One) changed my life!!!!

  4. #454
    Administrator WERA689's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Metro Atlanta
    Posts
    2,418
    Thanked
    55 times
    Apologies, indeed! Welcome, jonny...we hope you find the time you spend here to be rewarding.

  5. #455
    Android Lurker rolandomf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    0
    Hi. I'm Rolando. I had bought a Nexus One previously but the customs people stole it on it's way to Mexico City. Decided later to get a replacement because I was quite bothered and more like to counter the experience. This is the first phone change after 5 years from and HP Ipaq. It seems to do all that was stated, but I need to figure out some problems. First it seems to have gobbled up my credit when the 3G was turned on. Something to do with WEP or WAP or some Internet being turned on and using up credit. Chose the only 2G option for now, but still seems to gobble up my credit. I use prepaid. I'm also looking to see if Skype can be used when in WiFi service. It sincs really nicely with Picasa albums and started to update the OS on its own. Seems like a great phone and toy. Hello to all phonaholics here and have a fun day.

  6. #456
    Android Lurker aseems's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    0

    Smile Welcome!

    Hi Rolando, Welcome to the N1F,

    You'll find that we're a helpful bunch here,

    And this forum has a wide range of members, from rank amateurs (like myself) to Gizmo Gods (like SliceBurgSlim)

    Regarding your problem, I suggest doing a search for threads on Data Usage.

    Your phone data usage might be high for a short period , as your N1 is brand new and Froyo is configuring/customising/syncing itself to suit your needs.

    Personally, i think you might need to use one of the many Apps to Monitor your data usage and disable your APN (DATA) Connection after you reach your limit...

    FYI - Froyo 2.2 will use about 5Mb of data, updating stuff in the background (like contacts, email, calendar, tasks, etc) every day...

    I suggest moving a to an unlimited data plan, to fully enjoy your N1...
    and a search on this forum for threads on Data Usage.

    Welcome once again!

    Quote Originally Posted by rolandomf View Post
    Hi. I'm Rolando. I had bought a Nexus One previously but the customs people stole it on it's way to Mexico City. Decided later to get a replacement because I was quite bothered and more like to counter the experience. This is the first phone change after 5 years from and HP Ipaq. It seems to do all that was stated, but I need to figure out some problems. First it seems to have gobbled up my credit when the 3G was turned on. Something to do with WEP or WAP or some Internet being turned on and using up credit. Chose the only 2G option for now, but still seems to gobble up my credit. I use prepaid. I'm also looking to see if Skype can be used when in WiFi service. It sincs really nicely with Picasa albums and started to update the OS on its own. Seems like a great phone and toy. Hello to all phonaholics here and have a fun day.

  7. #457
    Android Lurker rolandomf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    0
    Many thanks for the welcome and help.

    I'm using the N1 basically with WiFi for all data exchange and cellphone service only for calls. This is practical for me and much cheaper here. Data plans in Mexico can be very expensive.

    In installed a Quick Settings app where I can turn off data use and this seems to work. I'm still uncertain if I can turn 3G on and have data use off, to help voice calls only with the 3G. In any case, my studying is paying off.

    It's a very neat phone and the sincing with contacts in Google, photos in Picasa and auto update of the OS is great.

    Visit some photos:
    PicasaRMF

    Thanks again to all. Have an excellent day.



    Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    Hi Rolando, Welcome to the N1F,

    You'll find that we're a helpful bunch here,

    And this forum has a wide range of members, from rank amateurs (like myself) to Gizmo Gods (like SliceBurgSlim)

    Regarding your problem, I suggest doing a search for threads on Data Usage.

    Your phone data usage might be high for a short period , as your N1 is brand new and Froyo is configuring/customising/syncing itself to suit your needs.

    Personally, i think you might need to use one of the many Apps to Monitor your data usage and disable your APN (DATA) Connection after you reach your limit...

    FYI - Froyo 2.2 will use about 5Mb of data, updating stuff in the background (like contacts, email, calendar, tasks, etc) every day...

    I suggest moving a to an unlimited data plan, to fully enjoy your N1...
    and a search on this forum for threads on Data Usage.

    Welcome once again!

    Quote Originally Posted by rolandomf View Post
    Hi. I'm Rolando. I had bought a Nexus One previously but the customs people stole it on it's way to Mexico City. Decided later to get a replacement because I was quite bothered and more like to counter the experience. This is the first phone change after 5 years from and HP Ipaq. It seems to do all that was stated, but I need to figure out some problems. First it seems to have gobbled up my credit when the 3G was turned on. Something to do with WEP or WAP or some Internet being turned on and using up credit. Chose the only 2G option for now, but still seems to gobble up my credit. I use prepaid. I'm also looking to see if Skype can be used when in WiFi service. It sincs really nicely with Picasa albums and started to update the OS on its own. Seems like a great phone and toy. Hello to all phonaholics here and have a fun day.

  8. #458
    Junior Member yupri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1
    Hi, i'm Yupri from Indonesia. I've been having nexus one for 4 months, and i love it. It gave me an amazing android experience. Hope i can learn one or two things from you guys at this forum. Sorry for my 'not that good' english. Have a nice day..

  9. #459
    Junior Member ScaryNexus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2
    Hi! I'm from a Small but Beautiful country----Singapore.Just got my Nexus One 2 mth ago,before that I'm using HTC--G1.Why I call myself "ScaryNexus"?because after read through all threads regarding rooting n flashing rom,today I try to flash my Nexus,this is my first time doing this,and the whole process is so scary,2 times fail to boot up,just stay at the "X".Luckily,the third time reflash,it finally boot up.
    Here,I wanted to thank the developer from"CyanogenMod","Rom Manager" n "Titanium Backup"for their wonderful software,let us have a wonderful phone.
    Please give them support and buy the software.Thanks

  10. #460
    Junior Member robbychen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1

    Hi from Robby

    Hi, all:

    I'm Robby from Maryland, US. I got my Nexus One almost a month ago directly from Google just before Google closed its Nexus One online store . I use this phone mainly for the PMP features to replace my iPod Touch. The only feature that I don't like is the audio recording feature. I'm a college student and often use my iPod Touch with an external microphone to record lectures. I thought that Nexus One could do the same. Apparently, it stops recording as soon as I shut the screen down. Other than that, I'm very happy with my Nexus One.

Page 46 of 69 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Android Forum