Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

This is a discussion on Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread. within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Lol! And just for the record, Rooted phones will be able to get Gingerbread just as easily as Unrooted phones. usually they release a stock ...

Page 52 of 69 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Lol!

And just for the record, Rooted phones will be able to get Gingerbread just as easily as Unrooted phones. usually they release a stock Rom that can be flashed in recovery if you can't wait for Cyanogenmod to catch up.

Cheers
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Hi, my name is Art And I'm getting totally addicted to Android . I'm so happy of getting rid of iPh*ne..

Hay
    My name is atif and I am using nexus one 2.2.1

Welcome aboard Art and rofi,

Good folks here to help you. Check out the stickies at the top of the forums for info and do some searching first. If you can't find the answer there someone here will have it.

ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Hi i'm mar,

I'm new to forums, and android as a platform. So far i'm completely in love with my new Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by ingekeith View Post
    Hi i'm mar,

I'm new to forums, and android as a platform. So far i'm completely in love with my new Nexus One
    A very very Warm N1F (Nexus One Forum) Welcome Mar!

I'm sure you'll find this forum the most newbie friendly of all that exists in cyberspace...

PLUS We've got ALL the Expert ARTILLERY you'll EVER need...

Trust me...I became a Senior Member by just interacting and learning from this wonderful community

Welcome Home

Hello all. I am obviously new to the forum. Just got n1 in a trade for G2. Been using unlocked iPhone. Seems like I am always buying & selling.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Philw View Post
    Hello all. I am obviously new to the forum. Just got n1 in a trade for G2. Been using unlocked iPhone. Seems like I am always buying & selling.

Thanks
    A warm N1F Welcome Philw!

Glad you could join our party... and Hope you'll stay till Honeycomb!

Ged

App for nexus 1

Hello everyone. I have an old motorola phone and I am looking at Nexus 1 and Iphone 4.

What I am looking for is a good "stand alone" GPS, comparable to my present Garmin GPS. I have the European maps and North America's. I took the lifetime update from Garmin and I am very satisfied with the quality of the maps here and abroad (Europe for me).

Problem I see, take notice that I am not a very wiz with computers, intelligent cell phones and I might appear dumb sometimes, thus bear with me. OK! The problem is finding a GPS as good as my Garmin, which once bought is free. No monthly fees etc. Particularly, one that works alone like Garmin and doesn't require to keep the communication with the internet/phone etc...

I browsed the net and found these: Navigon, CoPilot, iGo and Sygic.

Second, I would like something like Skipes, to enable me to make phone calls to Canada from France, Italy etc. without paying the 2$ per minutes like I do now. Thus with wifi I could use Skipes and save on my bill. This summer, my mother in law was sick and we made numerous calls because my wife was worried and we had a nice 300$ plus bill.

Last a good camera with flash. Nexus has a 5 Mega pixels which is the same as my present camera. I would like more pixels, but I can manage with 5.

With these, what would be the memory card I should equip my Nexus 1 for all this.

Last question. Does Android phone like Nexus make update automatically and is free. The present available Nexus is 2.1 or 2.2 if I'm not mistaken. What will happen once it is upgraded to 2.5 or 3.0 for example? Is it like a computer with regular upgrade without having to change phone.

Forgive me for this first lenghty post. Thank you for your help.

Ged

For starters welcome aboard hope you like our forum

Second I think if you ask around here which is best nexus one or iphone 4 I think most people will say N1.

For your stand alone GPS that is pretty much what the android market has to offer there may be more but those are the ones I know of.

Well for making VoIP calls I am not sure where your located so you might not be able to use it but there is Google voice, if not then there is a Skype app for android so if you want you can get that.

As for the memory card it depends on how much you use and how much you’re willing to spend since you will be using off line maps you may need more not sure if these are saved on phone or sd. Me personally I manage with the 4gb that is include but I would like more just don`t have the money for a big one.

Finally android makes updates occasionally the next one is suppose to be soon it will be called Gingerbread we are still not sure if it will be android 2.3, 2.5 or 3.0 and yes they are free.

Page 52 of 69 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links