Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

This is a discussion on Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread. within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; hi my name is mike,ive just bought my first android phone,but cant drive it..........

Page 56 of 69 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

hi

hi my name is mike,ive just bought my first android phone,but cant drive it.......

Welcome, Mike. Mastering the clutch can be a bit of a problem.

New to Android and glad I chose the Nexus One

Hello
    My name is Don, just experienced Android for the first time Monday with my newly purchased Nexus One. Never considered owning an Android based computer that is capable of making phone calls before. So far it seems like it is going to be an exciting adventure. Yea I know that this Nexus is coming up on its first birthday already getting long in the tooth. New and greater things just around the corner. Multiple cores, more ram, better, and faster. I believe I made a good choice in the Nexus One for a first time Android experience. Actually I purchased two Nexus Ones as my last big spending spree just before retirement (fixed income). I'll save my money in preperation for the next big Nexus to come along. The S didn't spec out to my liking except for the faster processor. I am not knocking the S it just seemed like the N1 fit my needs better at the moment.

I appreciate Googles concept of cutting the carrier out of the loop, especially that they can't fill these computers up with their unwanted bloat. I also believe that they are on the right track encouraging the user to root their units. The carrier I am with is making profit off me, I have 3 on a family plan with unlimited data and texting for 3 Blackberrys. I deserve having a couple of computers that is unlocked and I can gain access to the os root.

I am very much stuck on the concept that these are computers that have the ability to make phone calls. I am a former police officer, would like to see these and simular units used with security in mind. Just ideas rattling around in my head at the moment.

Thanks and Regards,
    Don

Glad to have you here, Don! Welcome to the amazing world of Android! I'm with you on the Nexus One...I've had it since April, and the only thing out there that tempts me isn't a phone--The Galaxy Tab!

I do note an interesting dichotomy in your thoughts. You (as do I) praise the benefits and merits of Stock Android; yet you also seem to anticipate rooting your N1. I, personally, find the former far more enticing than the latter, and so I haven't rooted...well, yet, anyway From where I sit, rooted ROM's pose another issue altogether than bloatware; as it seems that many devs-in a rush to get out the latest, greatest-put out broken stuff, like the broken video camera in the current G'bread based releases.

Just curious to hear your thoughts.

WERA689

Hello,
    I google from the beginning little search engine that replaced Altavista, and Microsoft, and Yahoo, so Geek in the body, wild with all that is beautiful and works, Android 2 years I've had my 8 now NEXUS S received Wednesday live from the States, even under the snow. . . It is fantastic and replacing my NEXUS ONE. . . Long live Google!

Smile Happy to join forum

Hi forum members
    I am enjoying my new Nexus S the screen is like viewing a plasma TV, my old Archos 5IT tablet looks dull. I did exchange my first one because I thought both wifi and cell radio was weaker then normal. Bestbuy did nice job in the exchange. I still feel the RF section of the design needs more tuning up. The GPS pickup is great compared to a Tmobile Vibrant or ATT Captivate. Today took the wife on a trip to Chinatown use the car mode, thats a great feature. Even use the google translate to order a special tea that she wanted. It a great phone even with it's shortcoming

Your happy to join the forum and I'm happy your on it

Yes the super amoled is pretty nuts on one of those things. So I guess the NS has a better gps then the galaxy S line well I guess you learn something new every day. And yes it is a great phone glad you like it.

Hi all, I'm new on the forums :-) and new to android.
    Go myself a Nexus S and planning to play with programming on it. Just thought I would use this thread to say HI

Well, hi, Jack! Glad to have you here!

What kind of programming do you have in mind?

Well Java :-p

haha, sorry... Well to start with I'm just going to code some small app's / widgets that are on the marketplace already but come with ads. I've got nothing against ads, just in the right place. I'm sucking up enough power using my LED Flash as a torch cause I dropped my keys down the back of the sofa, theres no need to use the radios to display an ad about it :-p

Page 56 of 69 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links