Hi, new here...

This is a discussion on Hi, new here... within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; I signed up here to try to keep up on the latest news about the upcoming Nexus One phone. It's nice to have a dedicated ...

Thread: Hi, new here...

Hi, new here...

I signed up here to try to keep up on the latest news about the upcoming Nexus One phone. It's nice to have a dedicated site with everything in one place.

I think I picked a bad time to upgrade from my Motorola ROKR to a smartphone a few months ago...should have waited until end of year. I had not yet heard of the Nexus One, so I went ahead and got the HTC Touch Pro running WinMobile 6.1. It's okay, but the screen is a little small, and the HTC TouchFlow interface is a little wonky. I like the slide out keyboard, and the stylus keyboard.

Anyway, I'm sort of locked into a new 2-year contract, but if this Nexus One turns out to be what I am looking for, I might consider it. It sounds like the screen is as big as I would like, plus the OLED screen is a bonus (my Zune HD's screen is awesome), and I think I might like the Android OS. I can't remember if the Nexus One has a tactile keyboard, or just on-screen.

Fall

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Glad you're here, Fallstar. That's what we're here for...to have everything related to the Nexus One in one place!

The N1 doesn't have a physical keyboard, only a touchscreen one. But that is by no means a liability...this from a user who's still adapting to the iPhone's keyboard from a BlackJack II. Once you get used to it, it's actually faster to use the touchscreen.

Welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay!
    It's an AMOLED screen, isnt it?
    Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

^Yes, it is an AMOLED screen! Thank Goodness for that!!
    (T-Mobile USA) HTC Nexus One Unlocked

Welcome to the Nexus One Board!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xPatriicK View Post
    Welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay!
    It's an AMOLED screen, isnt it?
    Right, sorry I missed that! That's what my Zune HD has, and the clarity of the screen is unbelievable, and videos look awesome on it.

Anyway, thanks for the welcomes, and for reminding me about the keyboard. I don't mind on-screen ones, since my Touch Pro has one...but it's tiny for my fingers so I use the stylus, but can actually type faster with the stylus!

The only thing I'm not sure about is if the phone is offered by T-Mobile....there isn't one in this podunk town (nearest T-Mobile is an hour away). I don't know enough about unlocked phones and whether I can use it with my current provider (US Cellular). The unlocked price seems a bit steep too. Oh one of my co-workers is going to CES, and I'm requesting he find the Google booth and take some pictures of it and handle it for me, lol!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links