Hmm..Verizon in the Spring

This is a discussion on Hmm..Verizon in the Spring within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Yeah, that doesn't exactly disprove my theory What changed today is the model for selling and distributing this device vs. all the other smartphones out ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hmm..Verizon in the Spring

Yeah, that doesn't exactly disprove my theory
    What changed today is the model for selling and distributing this device vs. all the other smartphones out there. As Google said in the press conference today, they want to centralize the sale and distribution of this device, regardless of the service provider.

So, I'd still expect it to be locked to VZW if you bought the version for VZW.

ok i got ya. so what do u make of the statement in the press conference when they said there was going to be more carriers and more "devices including Motorola". does that mean the name Nexus1 is a name that they will put on any type of device (HTC, Motorola, Sony, Ect.)?

Good question. My thinking is that there will be other phones with the same hardware 'base', but with differing options...such as physical keyboards, etc. But I doubt they'd all be called Nexus One, that would cause way too much confusion. Ya can't call all GM cars "Corvettes", right? :D

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Good question. My thinking is that there will be other phones with the same hardware 'base', but with differing options...such as physical keyboards, etc. But I doubt they'd all be called Nexus One, that would cause way too much confusion. Ya can't call all GM cars "Corvettes", right? :D
    Lol, u could u just might not look to bright. well i not sure i want the N1 i kind of really like the Passion/Bravo at least the pics i have seen with the names and the specs with them. and i really like sense ui from HTC so i hope what ever comes to verizon has all that. not to much to ask right?

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    I would expect it to be under contract to Verizon, as the TMobile version is today.
    This is essentially what was said in the Q&A yesterday.

I personally hope that the N1 comes (to VZ) sooner than late March (or later). With my New Every 2 coming up in mid-Feb, I'm pretty determined to buy the best phone I can that runs on VZ by the end of Feb.

I too am looking forward to the N1 coming to Verizon. I am enjoying reading what the N1 has to offer and I am excited.

Quote Originally Posted by dandroid View Post
    Spring will begin March 20th, 2010 according to a few quick searches Not to far away!
    Dandroid, you forgot to let us know when Spring will end

what carriers and when

I am probably on the "late freight" with all the current news, so have patience with me. Who is carrying nexus 1...and by the way it is Spring.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links