Contrary to its claim, Droid doesn't either

This is a discussion on Contrary to its claim, Droid doesn't either within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey Hey Hey, As a LONG standing Palm user I made the switch to the Droid. I hated it at first but its growing on ...

Thread: Contrary to its claim, Droid doesn't either

Contrary to its claim, Droid doesn't either

Hey Hey Hey,
    As a LONG standing Palm user I made the switch to the Droid. I hated it at first but its growing on me. I am still not in love with it and think some of the basic things like the calendar interface and the non-modifiable fields within a contact need improvement. Google needs to take some serious lessons from Palm. Its also too easy to delete info while editing a contact.... They should add an 'are you sure' feature when deleting info. My biggest complaint however is that there is no scroll wheel or navigation tool/button, nevermind that you cannot surf while talking.... Did I mention that the Droid was like carrying around an anchor? I have been considering going to check out the Eris which looks more like what I am used to but this Nexus looks very promising. I wish they would hire me to consult on the development so I could help make the contacts and calendar SO much better. (why can't you customize calendar reminders or the cadence at which an event repeats?) I'd even do it for free..... or at least for a free phone.

In all likelihood as soon as Palm comes out with a 3G phone for Verizon, I'm probably headed back.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ak1565 View Post
    Hey Hey Hey,
    As a LONG standing Palm user I made the switch to the Droid. I hated it at first but its growing on me. I am still not in love with it and think some of the basic things like the calendar interface and the non-modifiable fields within a contact need improvement. Google needs to take some serious lessons from Palm. Its also too easy to delete info while editing a contact.... They should add an 'are you sure' feature when deleting info. My biggest complaint however is that there is no scroll wheel or navigation tool/button, nevermind that you cannot surf while talking.... Did I mention that the Droid was like carrying around an anchor? I have been considering going to check out the Eris which looks more like what I am used to but this Nexus looks very promising. I wish they would hire me to consult on the development so I could help make the contacts and calendar SO much better. (why can't you customize calendar reminders or the cadence at which an event repeats?) I'd even do it for free..... or at least for a free phone.

In all likelihood as soon as Palm comes out with a 3G phone for Verizon, I'm probably headed back.
    There were rumors that Verizon just ordered 400,000 PALM units to sell.. not sure if it's true or not.

Will Palm survive in the long run?

Quote Originally Posted by ak1565 View Post
    Hey Hey Hey,

I went from the Palm TX and plain cell phone to the Droid and also miss the contact organization. I transferred the bulk of my contacts from my Palm to a spread sheet that I keep on my phone (with DataViz for Android app) and transferred the cell phone numbers that I used frequently and were on my old cell phone to a new gmail account I created just for use with my Droid and, overall, am pretty happy.

Hope you find something that makes you happy but I got tired of waiting for the Pre to come to Verizon. I am not sure that it will be able to survive against the iPhone and Android. I am old enough to remember the start of the personal computer days in the late 1970's and 1980's and all the OS's that died as Mac and Microsoft becoming the final two dominant OS's. I believe the same thing is happening now with Android and iPhone OS.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links