HELP - available at retail locations TMobile, Best Buy, Frys...

This is a discussion on HELP - available at retail locations TMobile, Best Buy, Frys... within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello all. I just signed up for this site just to confirm that the Nexus One will be available at local stores. Ordering online from ...

Thread: HELP - available at retail locations TMobile, Best Buy, Frys...

Junior Member awesomeadventurer's Avatar

Question HELP - available at retail locations TMobile, Best Buy, Frys...

Hello all. I just signed up for this site just to confirm that the Nexus One will be available at local stores. Ordering online from Google is brutal. They want shipping fees and if you return they want customer to pay shipping plus a 45usd contract cancellation fee, plus 45usd phone restocking fee, plus 15usd accessory restocking fee! Check it out at Nexus One Phone - Terms of Sale. So they are setting price records if you keep the phone (better) and overcharging you for returns! I want to wait and get it at my local store which has the standard return policy. I called TMobile and they said they are going to be selling it in their store in a couple of weeks. I called Best Buy and Fry's and they said they would be selling it later this month. All of them let you get full money back within 30 days if it doesn't work out for you! I read somewhere else on this site that it will always only be available from google online and never in any store so I want to verify and confirm that I will be able to get it at my local store later this month with normal full-money back return 30-day policy! BTW, I seem to be having problems posting a new thread in most forums - only this one was okay. Maybe it is site overload!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

$105 cancellation fee plus s/h both ways for Americans only

Hi, I just wanted to clarify that only Americans are paying for s/h both ways, two $45 fees and one $15 fee in a 14 day guarantee. Europeans have the full money back 30 days guarantee.

Admin
    I believe Google stated that they will be the exclusive retailers of this phone.

I personally interpreted the cancellation terms to be 45 dollars to restock and a 15 dollar fee for "accessories" - which I figured would be exactly that, any accessories for the phone as opposed to the phone itself. Where are you getting any additional 45 dollar fee from?

The language is a bit repetitive but I believe the only fee would be the 45 dollars.

You may not cancel this contract and return a Devices that has been engraved with a personal message of any sort. Due to costs associated with processing the return and refurbishing the returned Device, you will be charged a one-time fee of $45 USD (which will be deducted from your refund) if you decide to cancel this contract and return your Nexus device within the 14 day period. A refurbishing fee of $15 USD will apply to the return of separately-purchased accessories. Additional deductions to your refund may be made for damage to the Device or missing components. You authorize Google to deduct these amounts from your refund in the event you cancel the contract and return your Device within the 14 day period. Please note that you will not be charged any refurbishing fees for the return of Device in its original condition and in unopened packaging within the 14 day period.

And then it repeats the 45 dollar restocking policy -

Due to costs associated with processing a return and refurbishing the returned Device, you will be charged a one-time restocking/refurbishing fee of $45 USD (which will be deducted from your refund) if you decide to cancel these Terms and return your Device within the return period. Additional deductions to your refund may be made for damage to the Device or missing components. You authorize Google to deduct these amounts from your refund in the event you cancel these Terms and return your Device within the fourteen day period. Please note that you will not be charged the restocking/refurbishing fee if you return the Device in its original condition and in unopened packaging within the fourteen day period.

i read that there is a 45usd phone restocking fee and a 45usd contract cancellation fee plus 15usd accessory restocking fee and customer to pay s/h both ways

i read that there is a THIRD 45usd charge if you have it engraved (i didn't put this in the original post as I would definitely NOT engrave something before I was positive I was keeping it)

Well if you return it in the US not defective it would be a 45usd..Thy cant charge a restocking fee on a defective phone. So if you return it, dont say you dont like it. You want to give a deffective excuse. Which i am sure there will be a few floating around in the next few days. Cali has 30 day return policy the rest of the US 14 days.

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeadventurer View Post
    i read that there is a 45usd phone restocking fee and a 45usd contract cancellation fee plus 15usd accessory restocking fee and customer to pay s/h both ways
    Yes, there is a $45 refurbishing fee and a $15 refurbishing fee for "separately-purchased accessories" but Google doesn't charge a contract cancellation fee.
    If you do not wish to keep the wireless plan, it is your responsibility to contact the carrier to cancel your wireless plan account. You should contact the carrier directly regarding any activation fees, monthly usage costs, taxes, and/or early termination fees that may be owed.

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeadventurer View Post
    i read that there is a THIRD 45usd charge if you have it engraved (i didn't put this in the original post as I would definitely NOT engrave something before I was positive I was keeping it)
    If the device is engraved and delivered successfully, you can't return it at all.
    You may not cancel this contract and return a Devices that has been engraved with a personal message of any sort.
    You may not cancel these Terms and return a Device that has been engraved with a personal message of any sort regardless of where you reside.
    If the device is engraved but delivery is refused/returned to shipper, they will charge a $45 engraving fee.
    Devices that were not successfully delivered to you will be returned to Google and Google will issue a refund to the credit card or other payment method originally charged for the order. The amount of the refund will be the original purchase amount, minus shipping charges and any refurbishing fees associated with engraving. Specifically, returned delivery of Devices that have been engraved with a personal message will result in a $45 USD engraving fee.

Yea that's how they really get you, have your phone engraved! I would never do that knowing i couldn't return it! That would suck!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links