Bye bye iPhone, Hello Nexus One

This is a discussion on Bye bye iPhone, Hello Nexus One within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; I have been using iPhone 2G/3G for close to 2 yrs. No doubt I love the iPhone. But Nexus One looks promising... And anyway 2yrs ...

Thread: Bye bye iPhone, Hello Nexus One

Bye bye iPhone, Hello Nexus One

I have been using iPhone 2G/3G for close to 2 yrs. No doubt I love the iPhone.

But Nexus One looks promising... And anyway 2yrs is too much to stick onto one phone.

I still wanna use AT&T because I didn't have any issues so far.... Only problem is I will not be able to use the 3G network...

Just waiting for my order to ship....

---
    Raghu

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

So your still gonna stay with AT&T and just use edge? I too have an iPhone and I would have bought the Nexus 1 but I just can't go back to edge after having 3g. Especially since the majority of my use on the phone would be data. I wish google would have released one compatible with AT&T, I'm sure they would have had a lot more orders!

Of-course they would have a LOT of orders if compatible with AT&T 3G.

My problem is that T-mobile connectivity is not good (comments from my friends & colleagues). So I don't wanna risk cancelling the contract from better service to bad one...

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by cnraghu View Post

I have been using iPhone 2G/3G for close to 2 yrs. No doubt I love the iPhone.

But Nexus One looks promising... And anyway 2yrs is too much to stick onto one phone.

I still wanna use AT&T because I didn't have any issues so far.... Only problem is I will not be able to use the 3G network...

Just waiting for my order to ship....

---
    Raghu
    You won't e losing much in performance. Since AT&T has serious network issues and limited (at best) 3g coverage

Yea, I had t-mobile before AT&T and despite everyone seemingly saying the AT&T service sucks, I have not had one single issue with AT&T. I have had better service then i had with t-mobile.

Congrats on the new phone! Let us know how you like it.

My contract with AT&T anyway ends in June. Will hang on to it till then... So that I don't pay cancellation on my iPhone... ;-) Also, will try T-mobile pre-paid for a while to check...

Thanks njneer... Will post my comments once I get the phone...

Even I had no issues with AT&T service (at least where I live - Whitehall, PA and Parsippany, NJ). Even 3G connectivity is good.

I feel like I need to speak up for AT&T here, too. I've been with them since '96, when they were BellSouth Mobility...right through Cingular, and now as AT&T. I've probably dropped 5 calls in all that time. 3G speed has never been a problem for me, nor has access to 3G, except when I was in SW Colorado, ten years ago.

IOW: they work fine for me! :D

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links