New from FL, waiting for my phone

This is a discussion on New from FL, waiting for my phone within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; I live in Orlando and ordered my phone on launch day. I have been with T-Mobile for 10+ years now but only got into the ...

Thread: New from FL, waiting for my phone

New from FL, waiting for my phone

I live in Orlando and ordered my phone on launch day. I have been with T-Mobile for 10+ years now but only got into the smartphone game last February.

I had been a fan of tiny-basic phones that have good call quality and can go for a long time without charging. Aside from the occasional text, it was just phone calls.

I am an PC gamer and also use quite a few Microsoft products at work...I was dead set on getting into a blackberry but they just seem like all work and no play to me. I had been watching the news on Android as it was being rolled out in the US but wasnt convinced.

A coworker got a G1 and after a few times of using his phone I fell in love! I went to my friend who manages a corp. T-Mobile location and got on board with the phone. Shortly after 1.6 dropped I was a little sad with the slower performance of the phone since new (maxed out on apps) as well as the limited space I had (16gb card loaded with movies and music).

I made the move and rooted the phone following that up with a Cyanogen install and I havent looked back since...the phone runs like new, apps to sd, ect, ect. I have since also installed Enoche theme and the OS now looks as good as it runs.

I will miss my G1 (love the real keyboard) but the Nexus one looks (to me) like the first phone that really has the hardware Android deserves (other than the Droid, but I am not going to Verizon).

I ordered on launch day and hope to get my engraved phone soon. It just so happens I got my W2 today from work and e-filed tonight and that covers the cost of the phone! Haha!

See you all around!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

JimMariner
    Welcome to NexusOneForum Rigged !!!

From what I have heard, you are going to love the N1 when you get it. I am seriously thinking of getting it if and when it hits VZW myself.

It's great to have you joiin us here, We hope you enjoy your stay too !!!

I am interested to see what the processor is clocked at (if anyone with one can confirm) if its really at 1ghz or underclocked.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links